Oil Sure Is Slippy

A/N- so... how was it? Is this good so far? Reviews and comments are always appreciated! Another chapter is out and I'm probably going to be spitting these out weekly. Hope you enjoy this and if you would like me to write about another story, just tell me! Love ya! Anyways, off to the story!

"She is where...?" Ronnie tried to piece together. Her arm was in a sling. Ronnie had woken up a few hours after Kennedy had left, according to Dash. Ronnie didn't know how to feel or what to do.

"She left. She said she was going back to the tower..." Helen spoke softly. "I should have stopped her..."

"Without me?" Ronnie's eyes dropped and she felt a wave of sadness hit her. Did Kennedy think that she wasn't good enough to be a Guardian? Was she to weak to be on Kennedy's FireTeam? Did she think that Ronnie was just dead weight?

"She said that it would be better for you. To stay here," Helen tried to comfort the young girl.

"She doesn't know that!" Ronnie yelped.

"Do you like being a Guardian? Kennedy had said that you always wanted a normal life..." Bob added.

"Of course I want a normal life, but I don't want it without Kennedy!" Ronnie felt tears spring into her eyes and she bit her lip. "S-s-she's my sister..."

"Hey, it's okay. I'm sure she will be back." Dash comforted. Ronnie felt a few tears slip down her face.

"Whose coming back...?" Violet's voice broke the silence and she slowly walked down the steps.

"You shouldn't be up." Helen said. Violet had looked much better. The bags under her eyes had disappeared and her face was much less pale.

"I'm okay now. Look." Violet created a force field around Dash and he rolled his eyes at his sister.

"Kennedy's gone." Jack-Jack had said. His face blank and his tone full of sadness. He missed Kennedy.

"What." Violet turned to her father. "Why? How? Why did you let her? Is she coming back? What made her leave? Did she feel bad about something?" as Violet fired thirty questions at her father, Ronnie walked to the living room and found Kennedy's favorite knife. Ronnie gently picked it up and held it close to her chest. A few silent tears rolled down her face as she gripped it tightly.

-The Tower-

Kennedy phased down from her ship and looked around. She caught the glance of Banshee-44. He looked away quickly.

"Ah. Kennedy. Just the Guardian Zavala wants to see." a Titan teased. His voice taunting and Kennedy gave him a glare.

"Good luck." Tess Eververse placed a hand on Kennedy's shoulder. "You're going to need it."

Kennedy sucked in a breath and stared walking towards Zavala. Guardians ducked their heads and looked away from her.

"This is not good..." Kennedy mumbled to herself.

"Where is your FireTeam?" Zavala's deep voice said to her as he turned around. Kennedy gave her bow and let out a shakey breath.

"All were killed in the encounter with the Taken." Kennedy lied. She had to keep Ronnie safe.

"You let them die?"

"No sir, they had died in the line of battle. A cave where the Taken had cut off our Light." Kennedy tried to make up.

"So, you failed your FireTeam, you failed Ikora, and me." Zavala snapped. Anger was present in his voice. "and, you were on the news, as a Super."

"Commander, Sir, I did not mean for that to happen. But they were in danger and..." Kennedy was cut short when Zavala started talking again.