Chapter 4

The bell rang and I ran out of there as fast as I could. Me? Be Juliet. That's not what it's supposed to be! I was supposed to be a tree!

I walked into math sulking. Bora was already there skimming over her notes. She looked up when I sat down. "You look like crap," she said. "She isn't wrong," Jaxon said coming in with Shawn at his side.

"Thanks guys, because that's exactly what every teenage guy wants to hear," I replied, putting my head down on the desk. "Hey chill out man, we didn't mean to make you upset." Shawn said sitting down.

"I'm not upset with you guys. I'm upset at Mrs. Dawson. Aarons stupid face. Stupid Sadie and her smartass mouth. And fucking Shakespeare for even becoming a writer."

"I'm sensing a lot of negativity right now, and I'm not sure what to do." Jaxon said, taking out his homework.

"Does this have something to do with Mrs.Dawsons dumb idea to re-enact a famous Shakespeare play?" Bora asked, her eyes still skimming the notes. I nodded sadly, my head still on the table.

"Hey it's not that bad. I'm gonna ask her if I could be Lucentio." Shawn said. "Yes! I'll be Bianca~" Bora said smiling.

"Just FYI she isn't going to let you pick. She made me the main lead." I replied. "I heard first period was doing Romeo and Juliet. You're Romeo?" Shawn asked. "Not exactly.. I-I'm Juliet," I muttered. "You're what?" Jaxon asked.

"Juliet," I said quietly enough so that no one else heard. "JULIET?!" Bora yelled, laughing. So much for keeping it on the down low. "Shush!" I said clamping my hand on her mouth.

"You're kidding right?" Jaxon asked, trying to suppress his laughs. "No.." I said miserably. "W-Wait then who-" Shawn couldn't even finish his sentence because he was laughing so much. "Then who's Romeo?" He said, pressing his lips together trying not to laugh.

"Guess. Mrs.Dawson obviously hates me so she puts me with the one person I can't stand." I replied. "Aaron Carter!" Bora said, clutching her sides.

Jaxon faked a gag, "ew him?" "Yeah.." I said. "I'm definitely gonna come watch!" Bora said. "No no no NO nO No!" I replied with a glare. "Hm.. either watch you and Aaron smooch it out on the stage, or not watch you because you said 'no'... that's a tough choice," Bora said sarcastically.

After reviewing for our test we walked to lunch together. I excused myself to the bathroom. Afterwards, I came back to the cafeteria and could see all my friends at their usual table.

"Ugh, whatever meat they put into this meatloaf is disgusting," Bora said, gagging. "What do ya mean?" Shawn asked, shoveling meatloaf into his mouth. "I'm on Bora's side for this," I said, "This meatloaf is gross,"

"What the fuck?" I heard Jaxon say.

I looked up and saw Aaron grabbing Jaxon by the collar. "How dare you show your face at school after banging my girlfriend."

"What-" Jaxon got cut off as Aaron swung a punch at his face. Bora screamed.

And that was when the full on fight happened. Jaxon gave him a hard punch in the side, and kicked his shin. I gulped. That was going to leave a bruise for sure. I looked around and realized a whole crowd had already made its way around us.

Shawn didn't move. His mouth was frozen in a wide O, and Bora was covering her mouth with her hands.

Everything seemed to go in slow motion when I saw Aaron's hand come up for a powerful punch that was surely going to do a lot of damage.

I did the only thing I could think of. I grabbed my tray of meatloaf and hurled it full force at Aaron's head.

Aaron stumbled back clearly disoriented from what had just happened. Soon the confusion was replaced with anger and his gaze landed on me.

Before I realized it I was dragged by my collar into the middle. "What the hell, Gray?!" Aaron yelled at me. "No! What the hell is the matter with you?! Jaxon didn't do shit." I yelled back, swallowing my fear.

"Brittney herself said that Jaxon forced her to have sex with him when she was drunk," Aaron replied. "And you believe the bitch? That girl is mental!" Jaxon said, wiping some blood away from a cut he had on his forehead.

"I am not!" Brittney said, making her way to the middle. "Are you calling her a liar?" Aaron said getting up in Jaxons face again. "Uh yeah? She flirts with anything that breathes," I muttered.

Brittney focused her glare on me, "be a dear and butt out."

"Gladly!" I said turning around. I was stopped by Aaron's hand. "Where do you think you're going?! I'm still covered in meatloaf."

Everyone started bickering and the whole cafeteria became chaotic. People were starting to throw food at each other and were chasing others around the cafeteria.

"EVERYONE STOP!!" A booming voice said. Everyone stopped and looked at the assistant principal, who had a mic in her hand.

"All 4 of you. To my office. NOW!" The assistant principal said, her eyes blazing. Aaron walked after her rolling his eyes, and Brittney didn't seem to have a care in the world. Jaxon huffed angrily and started following her. Was I the only one scared for my life?

Well I guess I'm fucked.