Chapter 5

"Gabriel.... wake up..."

Gabe groaned, slowly opening his eyes. The first thing he saw was Jack and relief washed over him. "Jack.... you dumb Boy Scout..." he chuckled painfully, the bullet wounds stinging a bit.

Jack snickered and pulled the chair he was sitting in closer to the medical bed. "I couldn't just leave you there, you know that." He sighed, holding his hand tightly.

Gabe blushed a bit and glanced down at his torso, grimacing at what he saw. His torso was wrapped in blood-stained bandages and his clothes were covered in dried blood. "I feel disgusting...."

"I wouldn't blame you, you look terrible. But at least your face is still just as beautiful." Jack grinned, blushing gently.

"I don't even remember what happened... Don't tell me.." Gabe sighed, staring up at the ceiling.

Jack sighed, feeling bad for him. "Hey, you want some ice cream?"

"Ice cream? Hah! What am I, five?" Gabe laughed, banging his fist on the bed.

Jack knelt down beside the bed and put on his best puppy eyes. Gabe groaned, trying to ignore his cuteness. "Nope, not gonna work." He huffed, looking away. "Morrison... I'm warning you..."

"Please? It'll make you feel better, I promise." Jack whined, grabbing Gabe's arm.

Gabe rolled his eyes and sighed. "Fiiiiinee, But only if I you get me my favorite."

"Okay okay, I'm on it! Be back in a bit, sweets!" Jack hopped up, flashing a smile at him before darting out the door.

Gabe chuckled and leaned back, crossing his arms across his chest. "This is why I love you, Morrison..."

-a few minutes later-

Gabe was in the middle taking a nap when Jack burst through the door with a carton of ice cream. He shot up out of bed, looking around frantically. When he saw Jack, he took a deep breath and groaned. "Geez Jack, you about scared me half to death!"

"Well, you're technically already dead..." Jack said apologetically, placing the carton down on the bed.

"Don't start with your logic, Morrison!" Gabe giggled, jabbing a finger at him.

"Since when were you so feisty, babe?" Jack smirked, kissing his hand.

"Ever since I met you." Gabe replied, pulling Jack closer and kissing him.

Jack wrapped his arm around Gabe's shoulders, careful not to aggravate his wounds. He returned the kiss, holding him close.

Finally, Gabe released him and snatched the ice cream before Jack could reach it. "Haha! This is mine now!"

"Aww come on!" Jack complained, trying grab it back.

Gabe held him back with one hand while he took a spoonful of ice cream in another and put it in his mouth.

"Don't make me do this.." Jack warned, holding his hands close to Gabe's torso.

"You wouldn't dare!" Gabe replied, laughing out loud.

"Oh but I would..." Jack smiled sinisterly, starting to tickle Gabe.

"Ah! Hey that hurts! Stop it!" Gabe laughed hysterically as Jack tickled him, forgetting about the pain in his torso.

"I won't stop until you give me a bite."

"Okay! Okay! You win..." Gabe sighed, trying to catch his breath.

Jack grinned and grabbed the carton of ice cream, spooning some into his mouth. "I'm sorry, here." He took out a scoop and held it in front of Gabe's face.

Gabe smiled, taking the bite from the spoon and swallowing it. "Thanks sweets, you're the best."

"You are too." Jack giggled, nuzzling Gabe's nose and kissing his forehead.

"I love you so much..." Gabe mumbled, ruffling Jack's hair with his hand. "You won't leave me, right?"

Jack sighed and hugged Gabe close. "No, I would never leave you. I love you so much, Gabe. Don't ever think that I would leave you."

"Okay..." Gabe whispered, nestling his head between Jack's head and his shoulder.