First Day

Olivia's POV
I suddenly jolt awake when my alarm goes off. I slowly move my hand to my side table and turn off the alarm. It was the first day of junior year, not too exciting. I rub my eyes and sit up in my bed. I walk out of bed and reach for my blinds to let a little sun in. The sky was still orange. I walk towards my closet to put on the outfit that I had picked out last night while I was facetiming Courtney, one of my best friends. I decided on a black crop top with a light-wash denim skirt, and my white vans. I already had all my stuff packed in my bag. I hop into the shower and wash my body. I had taken a shower last night so I didn't have to wash my hair this morning. I slide my clothes on and put on some mascara. I don't usually wear makeup to school but today, why not? I grab my bag and unplug my phone from the charger. I walk downstairs and see my mom in the kitchen getting ready to leave for work.
"Hi honey, you excited for the first day?" she asked me.
"Uh I guess. Nothing too excited. Same old same old." I replied while grabbing a granola bar from the pantry.
"Okay, well I made you a smoothie in the fridge. I'll see you at school, have fun." She said giving me a kiss on the cheek as she walked out the door. I sit on one of the stools next to my kitchen counter. I tear open the granola bar and take a bite. I check my phone and see a text from Noah.
"Hey, I'm outside."
I quickly eat the rest of my granola bar and ran the smoothie from the fridge. I grab my keys from the table and head out the door. I close the door and turn to see Noah parked outside my house.
"Hey Olivia! Excited?" He says while opening the passenger seat window.
"How exciting can school be?" I chuckle as i shut the door after getting in the car. I don't have a car because my dad and my mom both have to go to work super early in the morning. My dad is usually gone already by the time I wake up, but I still see him at night. Noah turns up the radio and we jam out to some music while on the way to Keith's house. We finally arrive and we wait there for like 10 minutes. We knew this would happen, so we arrived earlier. After awhile he finally asks out the house with his backpack unzipped, his shoes half way on, and his books in one hand.
"Sorry I'm late." he says while getting in the car. Noah and I both look at each other and start to laugh. Keith rolls his eyes and puts on his sunglasses. We drive to get some iced coffee since it's really close to the school anyways. After getting our coffee, Noah parks his car in the parking lot and we walk towards the entrance. I look around and see freshmen getting dropped off by their parents, seniors making fun of the sophomores, and juniors trying to ignore everyone around them. High school. As we're walking, I feel a hand rest on my shoulder. It's Shayne. I smile and he greets Noah and Keith. We're all walking in a line, Noah next to Keith, Keith next to Shayne, and Shayne next to me. We start to walk up the stairs to the entrance when Courtney runs up next to me.
"Damn Olivia, okay I see you. I wonder who helped you pick out that outfit." She says sarcastically.
I laugh and say "Hmm I don't know."
"Well whoever did, did a great job. You look hot!" She says to me. We both laugh while the boys talk about something. I felt Keith nudge Shayne but I didn't really think much of it.
"Okay, gotta go to Biology. I'll see you guys later." I says to all of them. They all say bye and start to head to their own classes as well. I open the door and take an empty seat next to the window.
"Is this seat taken?" a male voice said.
"Uh no. You can sit there." I turn and see a brunette with glasses and a flannel.
"Hey, I'm Damien." He says.
"I'm Olivia." We both smile and start the open our notebooks and copy what's on the board.

Shayne's POV
"Well whoever did, did a great job. You look hot!" Courtney said to Olivia.
Keith nudged my arm. I look over to him and he's smirking at me with Noah. Noah, Keith, and Courtney know I like Olivia. In fact, our whole friend group knows I like her. Noah, Keith, Courtney, and Olivia were all friends in middle school. In eight grade, I moved here from Arizona. They were all really nice but I always had a small crush on Olivia. Our whole friend group formed in freshman year. We met Mark, Joven, Wes, and Boze. They all found out about my crush gradually. Now, they all make fun of me about it.
"Okay I gotta go to Biology. I'll see you guys later." Olivia says and walks into the biology lab. Courtney and Keith start to head to their english class. Noah and I walk together before splitting up to go to our classes. I walk into my Statistics class when I see Mari and Wes sitting together. I wave at them and take the seat next to them. This is gonna be a long year.