CHAPTER 3

CHAPTER 3: SCHOOL

CHLOE'S P.O.V

I went back to the house, bottling up the memories that threatened to explode. I went in, and went straight to the bedroom. Cody was reading a book. He looked up with concern and worry in his eyes. He said,"What's wrong?" I shook my head and said,"Just thinking of memories i shouldn't, i'm going to go to sleep." He nodded and got up to let me changed. After the door was closed, i changed into my silk red shorts and a black tank top and said,"I''m through!" I climbed into bed as he striped down to his boxers. He got in bed and turned of the bedside lamp. The room was dark and i just layed there and started thinking. Cody always understands me, whether i'm having mood swings, pissed off, sad, angry, or hurt. He's always there for me. He's the best twin, best friend, and guy ever. I'm pissed at myself for keeping him away from his life. He's always protecting me, always being with me. He hasn't had any girlfriends, or even friends. None.

Maybe if i did died that day, he would have a normal life, with normal parents, and doing normal teenage boy things. Maybe i'm his problem. What if i left him? Would he be fine and happy? What if i just dissapeared? What would he do? Maybe if i let him live his own life, i could be happy with a crappy life as long as he was happy. I turned over and stared at my brother, i know he's awake. I live my brother and i can't keep dragging him down. Some things are going to change in the future, good or bad, i don't know. But i can feel the change coming. It's like a force pushing. Cody turmned over and looked me in the eyes. He said,"I know what your thinking, i always do. We are connected and always will be. STop thinking that your ruin my life, if you disappeared, that would kill me and i would never stop looking and if you died, i would go shortly after you. Caleb was not you fault, and neither was our parents murder. Your not ruin my life, if i didn't have you, i wouldn't have a thing to live for. So just stop over thinking and go back to bed, please?"

I sighed and nodded. He hugged me and started singing this song he sang t me when Caleb started beating me. It would help me fall asleep quickly and make me fell better. He sang Too Beautiful by He is We. "What kind of man lays his hand on the woman he loves? Calls her angel,and shows no remorse and the blood. He covers her body in bruises and scars. You don't understand how beautiful you are. You are too beautiful." That's when i fell asleep, but it wasn't peaceful. It was full of a memory, a nightmare memory i treid to pushed away earlier. The death of my parents.

****DREAM FLASHBACK****

I woke up i the middle of the night to hearing someone downstairs. I'm 16 at this time. I looked at the clock and it read 12:19. Like an idiot, i got up, grabbed a baseball bat and went downstairs. I saw my parents and.... Caleb? There were arguing. My dad said harshly,"Go home Caleb. We don't want you dating our daughter anymore. Actually, we don't want you near her. Leave and i swear if i see you kay another hand on her, i'll get a gun and i shoot you where you stand. I saw you hit her on the porch, you'll lucky i didn't get my gun and shoot you right then. Leave now." Caleb looked so pissed. He picked up the table and flipped it. He punched my dad and they got ibo a fight. i ran out screaming,"NO CALEB!" Then i hit him as hard as i could in the head with the bat. It wasn't much because i was so weak at this time.

He turned around and smirked at me. I swear it was like his eyes were glowing red. He grabbed the bat and swung it at me. I flew across the room and landed on the floor. I tried to get up but i couldn't. He used the bat and a pocket knife of his to kill and stab my parents to death while i sat there and watched and screamed. This night, Cody was spending the night at a friends house since he had friends at the time. I watched Caleb slice open my parents skin and hear their blood curling screams. I heard their screaming and mine as well. I was too shocked and scared to cry. I could hear their bones cruching and the skin ripping. I saw their blood everywhere when he was finally done. He came over and said,"See, aren't i nice? I made it where you can be free. No more rules, curfews, anything. But since i like seeing you in pain, i'm going to give you a year of freedom. I'm going into hiding. I'll be back in a year so i hope your year and spnet in worry and fear. Goodbye my stupid little ugly slut of an angel."