IV

AUTHOR'S POV

Jeongguk hummed as he washed up his dishes. It was the only sound in his empty apartment. He was in a better mood these days, having thought he had finally found someone that cares for him as much as he cares for them. Just thinking about Taehyung made him let out a soft giggle.

He was drying his hands in the dish rag when his phone rang out in the quiet house. Haphazardly throwing the cloth onto the counter, he walked over to his phone, which was placed on his coffee table.

"Hello?" He calls out as he picks up the phone

"..."

"Excuse me? Hello?"

"..."

Jeongguk made a confused face as he put the phone down. Odd that someone would call and not make a sound. The only noise Jeongguk heard through the short call was heavy, almost-gasping breathing.

The sound of his phone ringing again startled him out of his thoughts. Hesitantly, he looked over to his phone, before slowly reaching out to it, pressing accept.

"Hello? Who is this?" He asks forcefully.

"I would hope you know who I am by now" The voice answers back, amusing evident in his voice.

Jeongguk breathed a sigh of relief, "Namjoon-hyung, what's up? Why'd you call?"

"Did you really forget Kookie? Today is the day of the ambush on the mafia. I need you to come in to go over the plans a final time. We have around 2 hours before we are scheduled to meet them."

"O-of course I didn't forget,, I'll be there in 10."

JEONGGUK'S POV

I couldn't have possibly forgot the mission cause of Taehyung,, right?

I sighed loudly, running my fingers through my hair before slapping both of my cheeks.

You need to focus Jeongguk, you are a top agent after all.

I buckled the handgun on the leather strap wrapped around my thin waist and hastily pulled my Chrysler black car key from my old coat.

The black car parked at my underground parking hasn't been used for quite awhile.

"Hi baby." I greeted as I opened the driver's door.

I quickly drove to the car lift taking me to my driveway that immediately leads to the road. As I pass my other car I saw a certain picture of a certain someone that I haven't seen for awhile.

I'll text him later when I have time, he's probably busy as he is.

FLASHBACK

I remember the look Tae gave me when I decided to lift my shirt up. I was redder than a tomato when he started to walk near me with that same look. With his lip bite and sultry low lidded eyes, it got me weak on my knees.

"Babe you can't do that, not in front of all the other people in here." Taehyung wrapped his arms around my waist and squeezed my body.

"And why is that?" I cheekily asked.