7. Getting closer.. and closer

Wednesday morning Kate and Rick decided to go to the beach. Alexis was out meeting her friend. But promised to be home in the afternoon since they wanted to rent a boat later that day. The weather was beautiful. It had been since they arrived at Castle's gorgeous house.

Kate was laying on the blanket and Castle was in the house getting ready. She wore her favorite bikini. It was red and Kate was sure Castle would like it.

She had her eyes closed and didn't see Castle coming which meant she didn't see the look on his face.
She was gorgeous. He couldn't close his mouth and he stood there.. frozen and breathing heavily.

That's when Kate opened her eyes and saw him. She started grinning and sat up.

"You alright Castle?" He only nodded. Kate laughed. "Doesn't look like it."

He finally snapped out of it and looked into her eyes. "No. Everything is perfect. You look... uhm.. perfect."

Kate blushed. She looked at his body. He looked very good, too. Looked like he works out. "You're not so bad yourself Castle."

"Oh uhm. Could you put sunblock on my back please? I don't want to burn it." She asked him.

His eyes widened. "Yeah sure." He said casually and took the bottle.

When they finished that, Kate stood up and took his hand in hers. "Come on. Let's go swimming. It's so hot out here."

Probably because of your looks. Castle thought and followed her.

The water touched Kate's toes and she jumped. "Wow that's colder than I thought."

Castle smirked. He had a plan and she would probably kill him. But he didn't care.

When Kate didn't look, Rick picked her up and ran into the water. It was really cold and Kate squealed. She tried to push him away from her but he was too strong. Suddenly he stopped and looked at Kate who had her eyes closed because of the cold water.

"I'm sorry." He said and she opened her eyes and looked at him with a questioning gaze.

Before she could say something he had dropped her into the water. She hadn't even noticed how deep the water was. She came up again and looked for Rick. But she couldn't find him. Where the hell did he go? Kate looked to the beach. Maybe he went back to their blanket? But he didn't.

Suddenly to hands grabbed her waist and turned her around. She was met by a very happy looking Castle. His hair was wet and he smiled brightly at her.

"Why did you do that castle? The water is so cold!" She almost shouted at him.

"I'm sorry. I thought it was funny." He pouted like a little boy and Kate had to smile. She couldn't be angry with him for a long time.

"It's fine." She said and he smiled again. "But that doesn't mean you can do it again." He nodded reluctantly.

"Good." She smiled. "And now you're getting your payback." She shouted and jumped onto his back.

"What are you trying to do here Kate?" He laughed. She tried to push his head into the water but it was too hard.

She tried and tried but it wouldn't work. Castle kept laughing at her and after a while she had to laugh to. It was ridiculous.

When they calmed down a bit, she was still on his back, arms around his neck. It was a nice feeling and he felt her relax against him. But their fight wasn't over yet. So he leaned back and fell in the water, with her on his back.

She screamed when they emerged out of the water and started splashing water into his face. He started to do it, too. After a while the water was too much for her and she started to swim away. But Rick had another idea. He followed her and picked her up again.