Home

Mitch's POV

I was holding my son's hand as we were walking through the park. Walking...hmm... Is something slower than walking? We were moving inch by inch, because he just started to walk. I am so proud of my little prince.

When we came closer, my heart started to beat faster.

We were almost there... I have never felt so nervous. Will I recognize him? Will he remember me? Will he want to talk to me? Will I cry? Will I be able to speak?

I had to stop and took a deep breath. It has been 4 years...

.

"Scott? Why are you looking at me like that? You should congratulate me or something..."

Scott closed his eyes and gulped.

"Scott? Are you listening to me? Don't act like a child!"

Scott opened his eyes: "I am sorry Mitch, I am just speechless."

"Nooo, really?" I replied with a sarcasm on my lips.

He looked in my eyes with the saddest expression possible. "Give me your hand please."

I did what he asked for.

It was a bright sunny day in LA. We were standing at my patio with the most beautiful view on Hollywood hills. He looked closer at my finger and the diamond ring caught beams of light - shined brighter than ever.

"So, it is real. You will marry him."

That wasn't a question, that was a statement.

"Yes, I will. That is what I am trying to talk about for past 10 minutes. I am still waiting for your reaction by the way."

"What I am supposed to say Mitchy?" He let my hand slipped from his.

"I don't know. What about: Wow, that's awesome or I'm so happy for you or at least good luck..."

"My opinion is not important anymore." He replied quietly.

"Of course it is. You are my best friend! I am happy, you should be happy for me too!"

"Are you?"

"What?"

"Are you happy? Are you really truly happy Mitch?"

"I am."

"Then..." He grabbed my both hands in his, looked straight in my eyes and continued: "I am happy for you. I wish you all the best and the most beautiful wedding and life, because you deserve it."

I was searching in his blue eyes for those little sparks he usually has when he is looking at me. They disappeared.

"Thank you Scotty, it means a lot for me."

I went forward to hug him and he tensed the second I touched his body. What is he doing?!

I stopped hugging him and stepped back.

"Scott, will you be...?"

"No."

"Wait what? You even don't know what I want to ask you for!" I replied a little bit angry.