Woodland Breakdowns

I looked at the clock on the dash. 3:00 in the morning. My hands were getting stiff and sore because of driving without a break. If I didn't pull over soon, I thought they would fall off my body. I was so numb with exhaustion that I almost fell asleep at the wheel a couple times before finding the energy to pull the car over in park. I had luckily packed some Nature valley granola bars before heading out.  
Ill stop at a restaurant tomorrow I thought. My heavy eyelids closed. Soon I was off to sleep lulled by the wind unaware that I was parked in the middle of someones territory.
  ***********†****************
There was a human in our woods. My territory. I sniffed  the air ready to attack. But the sounds were further away than I had anticipated. 
"John did you hear that?" My second in command  Zach Vince said as we circled the perimeter for the intruder.  "Yes I did Zach." I replied evenly. It sounded like some sort of engine. Engines never came down this road. Not since  my mate Clara had been hit by one while hunting down a deer. 
Everyone  in town knew the decree I ordered. And if this human knew anything she knew she had broken that law. Things were not going to end well for this one.
**************************************************