Chapter 4

"Hey ladies, may I say that you're looking good?" Ugh. This is so getting old. Kayla shoves me off the steps, smiling.

"I just realized we didn't plan who's going out with who. This is after all a double date."

She looks at me mischievously. I smile back. We are evil masterminds.

"I think that Travis and I should be one half and you two the other." The smirk never leaves her face.

"All in favor?" I raise my hand high and Kayla's hand also shoots up. The other two don't want to say no but don't want to say yes so they just shrug, completely dumbfounded.

"Okay well I guess that's it then." Kayla calls shotgun and when she asks what we're doing I don't say a word.

This entire plan was getting them together and we're not gonna fail. I have the perfect place.

We drive in silence, Kayla and I laughing occasionally, because of the two in the back seat staring out the windows.

About ten minutes into the drive I stop. Kayla looks at me, clearly furious and confused.

"Why are we in the middle of nowhere?" Ethan finally speaks up. I laugh and he raises an eyebrow.

"We're not. We're at my work." All three look at me like I'm a madman. "Just c'mon," I mumble. The four of us get out of the car and I walk into an area with thicker foliage.

Then I stop at a fence. "Almost there." Ethan mutters a few obscenities under his breath but climbs the fence after me. He helps Kayla and Amber over and then we look around.

"No freaking way!" Kayla yells. Obviously she's enjoying this. I work at

an amusement park. Therefore, I have keys for rides.

Amber reaches for her camera and snaps a shot of Kayla, laughing while looking around. Finally, Ethan speaks up. Score.

"I didn't know you do photography." I stifle a laugh because I know that's far from the truth. He has a huge crush on her and has for quite awhile. Why did you think we planned this date?

"I do." Amber quietly smiles and tucks her hair behind her ear.

"Can I see?" She nods and hesitantly hands him her camera. I look to Kayla and give her a goofy grin as their hands brush each other's.

"Well um we're gonna be on the Ferris wheel. Right Travis?" I nod. 'We better leave the lovebirds alone...' I mouth to her and she laughs.

We start walking away and I take my ring of keys from my back pocket. As we walk to the Ferris wheel she squeals.

"Dude! That was great! Our master plan is working! And guess what else?" My smile widens.

"AMBER SAID SHE MIGHT LIKE ETHAN!!!" She grabs my hands and we start jumping up and down like kids on Christmas.

"C'mon. Well talk more on the Ferris Wheel when they can't hear us?" She giggles and hops onto a seat.

I turn the key and then press the big red button that starts the ride. Running into the moving seat, I slam the belt down on us and we begin our ascend up to the top.

Kay squeals and kicks her legs as she points down below to Ethan and Amber. Amber is taking pictures of Ethan while he 'models' with one hand on his head and the other on his hip.

"It's like our Saturday-night rom-coms!" I laugh and hold a hand over her mouth.

"You talk really loud you know that? 'Rom-Coms' what're you thinking saying that out loud?" Kayla is the only one who knows and I'd like to keep it that way.

She laughs and then turns to me with a mischievous look on her face. "ROM-COM!!!" Amber and Ethan look up at us and wave. I can tell they've loosened up. Like a lot.

"See? They're gonna be a great couple!" She says it with a wink. I push her forehead back and she squeals.

"So not cool. You're gonna regret that." This is gonna be a long night.