Fourteen

"So what was that great news you had to tell me yesterday?" Alex asked as we walked side by side at a park. Yes after school we went on yet another date and I was just about to tell him the great news.

"Well you remember that one day I told you about all these colleges I applied for?" I asked him. He nodded and continued to listen.

"An you remember which one I really, really wanted to go to?" I asked enthusiastically. Alex nodded at me once again and I proceeded to tell him the story.

"Yesterday while I was hanging out with Aby and Jason I got a letter from one of them! The one I really really wanted to get accepted into! And guess what?!" I excitedly squealed.

"Oh my God, Cheryl did you get accepted?!" Alex asked. He seemed happy for me and that made me even happier.

"Yes! I did get accepted!" I excitedly shouted. Alex immediately wrapped his arms tightly around me, giving me a bone crushing hug. It felt great though.

"Congratulations," he said into my ear. "You really deserved it."

With that said, he pulled away and kissed my cheek. I noticed a hint of sadness in his features. I knew exactly what it was. That was the same expression that had displayed on both my parents' faces. I remember yesterday when I told my dad at the dinner table he nearly choked because the first thing everybody thinks about is me leaving. All my friends at school had that same reaction.

"Alex what's with the face?" I asked.

"You know exactly what's up with my face... I'm really gonna miss you," he sighed sadly. I grabbed his hand in mine and stroked it gently to try and comfort him.

"If it makes you feel any better, I'm leaving in early August so we basically have all summer to hang out," I said. He gave me a sad smile but I decided to drop this subject and make him happy: by kissing him almost on the lips. It was on the very corner, dangerously close to his mouth and that surprised him. When I pulled away he grabbed me by the waist and pulled me in closer.

"What was that all about?" he asked with a smirk on his face.

"Oh just a little mood lightener. Don't get used to it though."

He let go of my waist with a small chuckle but he didn't let go of my hand. Instead we continued to walk around the park hand in hand while he told me some pretty whacky stories about him and his friends. From what I heard they were pretty cool but I met Zach once and he kept looking at me funny which made me uncomfortable.

We continued to talk but after a while Alex sounded tired so we went to his house. Once there we went to his room and just lay on his bed staring at the ceiling. It was a comfortable silence that enveloped us. I liked it but Alex kept looking at me with a kind of weird expression. It almost seemed as if he wanted to tell me something. Something that just wouldn't come out of his lips.

"Everything alright?" I asked him.

"Have you ever been heart broken?" he asked. I got on my side to face him and shook my head.

"Na, I was always the one to dump the guy, remember?"

"Oh yeah," he nodded. A sigh escaped his lips and he started caressing my face with his hand. I closed my eyes for a second.

"What if you found out you were a part of a- uh... nevermind," he shook his head.

"What is it?" I asked him.

"There's things that aren't meant to be shared," he replied. "Now close your eyes and sleep."

I listened to him and closed my eyes but I couldn't sleep. Not with Alex caressing my face like he was. It just felt so great that I didn't want him to stop and if I fell asleep he'd stop. Instead I just took in the moment with my eyes shut. It was such a peaceful moment. Out of nowhere I felt Alex kiss my forehead lightly.

"What was that for?" I mumbled silently.

"Because you're beautiful," he whispered. I lightly laughed at the compliment. He's always reminding me about it.

"Thank you Alex," I mumbled. Once again we were in complete silence. While the silence took over I thought about Alex and I. My mind started wondering how this all got started and why. Alex and I never talked before, how are we suddenly both laying in his bed as he caresses my face trying to get me to sleep? How is it that we finally started talking after ten years? How did this happen? I have no idea but I like this and I like Alex. A lot.

"Cheryl I don't want you to go," Alex said.

"I know," I mumbled back.

"I'm going to miss you too much. This... this bond is special and... I'd die if it ended. Even though we're not dating I like this bond we have."

"I like it too," I smiled. He stopped caressing my cheek and wrapped his arms around me. In no time we had both fallen asleep in each others arms.

Awwwe! I thought this last part was sooo cute! Lol but thats just me xD anyways I've noticed that I've been losing readers lately and Idk why like maybe my story sucks? Lemme kno if it does cuz ya know, I'll be wasting my time writing if nobody likes it... and to those of you who actually vote and comment, thanks sooo so much! Like honestly I wouldve deleted this story a long time ago if it weren't for y'all so I loove love love you! Muah! Anywayzz y'all know the deal: 3votes for next chappie :) bye