Chapter 4

Kartik and Natasha entered the class only to find Naira and Kunal sitting together.. she was all smiles and talking to Kunal..

Kartik (whispering to himself) : Wahan se kaise aa gayi.. aur yahan aake iske paas baith gayi hai aur hans hans ke baat bhi kar rahi hai.. accha hai accha hai..

Natasha looked at him pitifully.. Kartik gestured her nodding his head as if it's okay.. but only he knew it wasn't.. he was jealous of Kunal..

Natasha : Kartik, hum wahan baith jaaye jaake..??

Kartik thought 'why not, when she can sit with Kunal why can't he sit with Natasha and moreover he somewhere likes Natasha too.. so why not.. huh!!'

Natasha shook his arm and asked again, "baithe Kya"

Kartik : Hmm.. Chalo..

They went and sat on a bench which was close to Naira's..

Though Naira didn't saw him coming but she could feel he was here.. she looked here and there to search him when finally she saw him and frowned again in her already frowned face..

Naira (whispering to herself) : Wow!! Aake baith gaya kaise dekho.. mujhe manaya bhi nahi.. manana to chodo baat tak nahi kia.. accha hai.. jo marzi Karo.. mujhe Kya!!

Kunal : Kuch kaha kya tumne..

Naira : Umm.. nahi nahi.. bass aise hi..

The professor entered and started taking the class.. Kartik and Naira continued looking at each other whenever the professor turned towards the board.. but they were unaware of the fact that the other was also trying to catch a glimpse of his/her..

This time also the Prof turned around and Naira tried looking at him.. and woah!! She finds him already staring at her.. Kartik tried to move his gaze.. he got caught, he thought..
Naira smiled a little and felt like she achieved something really big.. the moment became awkward though..

They again concentrated on their class.. at least Naira did.. but Kartik was doing something else..

He tiptoed to Kunal and gestured him to go sit on his bench since he wants to sit with Naira.. but he denied.. Kartik gave him a shocked look because he has never been like this to Kartik..

He stood there now almost pleading to Kunal when the professor turned and saw him standing there..

"Mr. Kartik Goenka!! What the hell do you think you are doing..??", The professor sternly said..

Naira turned her face and saw him standing there.. she was shocked to see him.. she understood he came here to talk to her..

Kartik : Sir.. I.. I just.. was.. I mean.. I..

Professor : Can you stop stammering and just answer properly..

Naira couldn't let that happen.. let her Kartik get scolded in front of the whole class.. so she interrupted..

Naira : Umm.. sir!! I called him.. I.. umm.. I.. ahh.. actually.. I .. mean.. I need.. yeah I needed some notes so I called him..

The professor has always preferred Naira.. she was in the good book of every professor's.. not that Kartik wasn't.. but she was sort of more..

Prof. : Oh.. that's ok.. but you could have asked for it after the class also..

Naira : Yes sir I am sorry.. I know it's my fault..

Prof : No no it's fine.. Kartik you sit here.. Kunal you shift to his place..

Kunal looked at Naira.. literally gave her a angry look.. Naira was going to gesture a sorry to Kunal but stopped herself looking at his expression.. she got shocked at him..

Kartik sat beside her.. they looked at each other.. and Naira bowed her head down towards the book..

Kartik came closer to her leaving almost no gap and whispered to her..

Kartik : Thanks!!

She nodded..

Kartik : Are you on your periods??

She nodded in no.. then looked up asking him "kyun?"

Kartik : Abbey kyun ki bacchi what was that you did in the corridor.. it was insane.. kya ho gaya tha tujhe?? Mujhe laga ki tu periods pe hogi issiliye shayad mood swings hai but you aren't.. I will kill you okay..

He said pointing the index finger to her.. she raised one of her eyebrows, held his finger, pressed it hard and put it down..

Kartik : Aah.. (he hissed in a little pain)

Naira : Oh.. I am sorry laga kya??
Nautanki band kar samjha na..

Kartik looked at her in disbelief, it actually hurt not too much though but it did and that "ahh" was instant and not made up..

Kartik looked away, then looked down, then everywhere possible but not towards her..

Seeing him behave like that she understood she actually has hurt Kartik, both physically and emotionally..

She took his finger and started rubbing it.. Kartik looked at her.. and she held her ear with the other hand saying sorry..

He looked away.. but she continued rubbing his finger.. and saying sorry too..

Naira : Kartik I am sorry.. tujhe sachmein lag gaya.. I didn't mean to.. aur.. woh.. woh.. tabhi ke lie bhi I am sorry.. but trust me I myself don't know what just happened to me at that time.. I am sorry.. please maaf karde na mujhe..

Kartik : Tujhe pata hai na tu naraz hoti hai to mujhe kuch accha nahi lagta hai.. tujhe pata hai na tere bina mera koi nahi hai.. koi nahi hai jo mera itna care karta hai.. aur naahi koi aisa hai jiski main itni care karta hu.. aur tu aisa karegi to main to mar hi jaaunga na..

Naira : Kartik!! Shut up!! aisa aage kabhi mat kahna.. you promise me that..

Kartik : First you promise ki tu mujhse naraz nahi hogi bina baat ke..  aur Hui to batayegi reason Kya hai.. aisa pahli baar hua hai ki mujhe samajh mein hi nahi aaya tu kis vajah se naraz ho gai..

Naira : I said I am sorry baba..

Kartik : Thik hai chal maaf kia..

They side hugged each other resolving all the differences.. and the bell also rang at that moment..

The professor before leaving the class announced looking at Kaira.. "had a good chat session both of you..?? good good.. Kya laga tha kuch samajh nahi aayega mujhe.. all through the class you both went on whispering.. I am not going to tolerate it from the next day onwards.. keep that thing in your mind.."

The professor left and they looked at each other astonishingly.. everyone else in the class also looked at them.. and all of the students including Kaira themselves laughed hard on the fact.. 'these all are part and parcel of a student life, yeh sab dil pe thodi lete hai..', both of them thought and let it go..

--------------------------------------------------------

Do give your reviews..

Apologies for mistakes..

--Adhira