Chapter 11

Naira rubbed off her tears and turned around and instantly got collided with Kunal.. he was standing there just behind her leaving almost no gap..

Naira (getting scared) : Aahh!!

Kunal : Kya hua??

Naira (trying to speak normally) : Baapre aise- .. aise khare kya ho chup chap??

Kunal : No I just came..

She didn't let him complete..

Naira : Oh.. ohk!!

She left from there.. after walking few steps Kunal could see Naira almost running away..

He then peeped inside and saw Kartik and Natasha hugging each other.. and somewhere he understood what might have happened..

He left that place too in disgust.. in disgust because he couldn't believe that Kartik doesn't value Naira as much as he should do and likes Natasha.. anyway that was good for him in a way so that he can approach Naira but since he is really good at heart, before thinking of himself he thought of Naira's feelings..

Naira went and sat at the canteen munching sandwiches.. like a lot of sandwiches.. she was just angry, hurt, tired, and so she kept on munching to relieve her stress.. somewhere she thought if that might help..

Kartik came and sat beside her.. just sat and didn't say anything.. showing fake anger..

She too saw him but didn't say anything..

Kartik kept sitting there and Naira kept on munching.. before Kartik had come she had already gulped down three of the sandwiches.. after he came she gulped down three more.. when she was going to take the next one, Kartik couldn't stop himself and held her hand in order to stop her..

Kartik (holding her hands) : Pagal ho gayi hai kya?? Kya kar rahi hai??

She jerked his hands off..

Naira (mouth filled with sandwich) : Tujhe kya??

Kartik : Kya bola?? Samjh nahi aaya..

She gulped the sandwich down..

Naira (sternly) : Tujhe kya??
Abb sunai dia??

Kartik : Oh hello madam! Gussa kya dikha rahi ho aap?? Woh to mujhe dikhana chahiye na.. na ek phone na kuch! Bahut busy ho gayi hai na aap ki apne bff ke liye time nahi hai..

Naira : As if tune bahut koshish kari mujhe phone karne ki..

Kartik : Haan to tu important tour pe thi mujhe kaise pata hota ki kab suitable time hoga kab nahi.. aur waise bhi insta pe pics to dekho.. kaam se zyada to ghuma hai tu aur woh Kunal.. huh!

Naira : Stop making lame excuses Kartik.. !! aur haan ghuma hai !! bahut ghuma hai.. bahut enjoy kiya hai maine uske saath.. kyun ?? are you jealous?? haan?? haan??  tell na..

Kartik : Oh please I am not jealous ok!! I m just concerned for you..

Naira : Main choti bacchi nahi hu.. stop being concerned for me..

She was getting up when he pulled her by her wrist..

Kartik : Why such weird behavior suddenly..?? main to kuch share karne aaya tha...aur tu inta gussa ho rahi hai..

Naira already knew what he was going to tell but still she behaved as if she doesn't know..

Naira (calming herself) : Nhi bol.. bol tujhe kya bolna hai..

Kartik : I really like someone Naira.. and guess what tu nahi thi to I realized that I really do like her.. waise to bahut dino se lag hi raha tha but tu rahti thi to humesha tere saath time spent karne mein chala jaata thaa.. tujhe chodke jaane ka mann nahi karta thaa but jab tu nahi thi to..

Naira : To aisa bol na.. mujhpe blame kyun daal raha hai ki phone nahi kia and all.. accha hai na main nahi thi to you could realize and finally got love of your life!! 

Kartik : Nahi yaar! Aise kaise bol rahi hai.. I missed you.. even before I confessed to her I wanted to share with you.. jaise K2H2 mein Rahul ne Anjali ko kaha tha Tina se pahle..

Naira (her voice almost choking) : Par Anjali to hurt ho jaati hai na..!

Kartik : Hm! Par tu thodi na hurt hogi hehe!! I know you are the happiest person right now!! Isn't it??

She smiled palely and nodded..

Naira : Par Kartik, Anjali bhi to wohi dikhati hai na ki woh khush hai actually to woh..

Kartik : One sec! Tu kahna kya chahti hai??

Naira : Kuch kuch hota hai Kartik, tu nahi samjhega!

Kartik (laughing) : What!! Like really?? Tu to filmy zone mein hi chali gayi!!

She also fake laughed with him..

Kartik : Sunegi nahi kaun hai??

Naira : Hm.. bol na..

Kartik : Natasha..

Naira : (Low tone) Good (changing the tone acting to be excited) wow accha hai.. bahut accha hai.. khush rah! 

Kartik (laughing) : "Khush rah.."?? What is khush rah!! buddho ki tarah aashirvaad kya de rahi hai..

Naira suddenly realized she is acquainted with this convo.. then she remembered Kuanl and she had the same conversation few days ago..

[refer to chapter 2 for Naira & Kunal's convo]

Naira (to herself) : Kunal ne bhi aise hi kaha tha.. aur aaj maine bhi out of reflex.. and maine bilkul aise hi react kia tha jaise Kartik ne kia.. also Kunal back then said it's complicated.. wait ! one second! Am I the girl whom he likes?! no no you must be overthinking naira.. !

Kartik waved his hands in front of her face..

Kartik : Oh madam! Congratulations to bol!! Aren't you happy.. ??

Naira : Of couse I'm happy!! Tere liye khush nahi houngi to aur kiske liye houngi.. congratulations yaar! I am so happy for you..

They ended their discussion over there..

The day followed by a program in the college where naira and Kunal shared their experience of the trip and they got honoured by the authorities with medals and certificates and of course a lot of praises from everyone, faculty as well as students..

Naira didn't talk to anyone after that and left college without even seeing Kartik once..

Naira reached home.. went straight to her room and fell on the bed crying..

------------------------------------------------------

Do give your reviews everyone..

--Adhira