2. The Squip Crusade Part Two

Almost three hours after the first room, it was 4 AM. The popcorn was gone by now, and Jeremy and Rich's faces were stained with red dye from the mountain dew. Despite this, the party was alive more than ever before, as Jenna looked at each member with mischievous eyes.

     "You push open the final door to enter a large hall, built with great stone columns and etchings. These masterpieces depict a strange man glowing and people below them working as the man points. The only sound is the stead drip of water from above, filling a large pool at the other end of the hall. In the center of this pool is a pedestal mounting a statue of the man depicted in the etchings. He stands, holding a strange long smooth gem, and looking forward, almost as if he was watching you..."

     Excitement rippled through the party as they listened to the description. Finally they had reached the end of the adventure, and they were prepared to fight anything to win.

     Before anyone else spoke, Chloe scooped up her dice. "Perception check!" She declared. She rolled her dice and glanced up. "Fifteen." She stated.

     Jenna looked through her notes. "There are no clear traps that a rogue could see, but you have a weird feeling of being watched." She explained.

     The group looked at each other carefully before nodding. Soon enough, all eyes fell onto Rich.

     Rich sat up tall. "Imma is gonna go in first." He said, moving his figure into the slotted space. Everyone froze as this action, looking to Jenna expectantly for some response or monster to appear and foolishly attack the barbarian.

     Jenna looked at her notes, pretending to read something that was not there. "Nothing happens" she told the others. Once again, silent glances were exchanged before Jake became bored and impatient.

     "James charges to the pedestal thingy!" Jake stated, listening impatiently.

     Like the slow curl of a large dragon turning, a slurry of others pipped up as well.

    "Tol is following him!" Jeremy declared quickly, glancing around to be sure he didn't accidentally cut anyone off.

     "So is Wurham" Michael replied instantly, to keep the linked characters together.

     Brooke pipped up next, wanting to be included. "Marila is going to-but only to the water!"

     Chloe sat up. "Alessandra is with James" she stated, almost defensively.

     Rich did finger guns to Brooke. "Imma's got Marila's back!" He said excitedly.

     With each declaration, the group moved their figures to the desired destinations. Once finished, everyone prepared for what would happen next.

     Jenna smiled mischievously. "The gem the statue is holding begins to glow a vibrant sky blue, as the statues eyes come to life in the same color. It would seem the blue moon was above now, as the water too began to glow. The ceremony was ready to be complete, with the sacrifice being the only thing left."

     Christine cut in instantly after. "Jake grab the gem thing! There isn't a priest to do the ceremony so we gotta hurry!" She said urgently.

     Jake shook his head. "No way! It's gonna burn me or something! I ain't doing that to my boy James!"

     Chloe groaned. "Alessandra will grab it then!"