❄️1❄️

It was cold.
But it was always cold during mornings. Later in the hours things got warmer, especially if it was a sunny, no cloud day, but it would always stay just slightly below nippy. And in the end the sun going down made the temp drop and made the night near impossible for some to deal with.  So if it was always too cold to only have a shirt on, then why would the clouds dissapear?

This is what Cyrori thought.
He was walking through the town again. He just knew he walked, he can't ever remember where and when, but he did. He couldn't concentrate in the cold, and his memories were blended together from the repetiveness of his days.

The town was simple. At the edge of one side, let's call it north since the actual town hasn't seen or used a compass in decades, there's the orphanage, town hall, tavern and clothes shops. As you go down and in the middle there's a variety of shops, the restaurants being to the right of the town hall, and the woods workers to the left.

South, or what the town thinks is south, there are schools and mines. Nobody except explorers go into the mines anymore, and when I was three I stopped going into it for my own reasons, reasons I can't remember.

Houses were scattered around town, but I didn't mind because the fog loved it between the houses. I liked waving to the clouds, and it was like they were waving back sometimes. I liked to ask the clouds to come down lower, and sometimes they did.

Fog was my favorite because it was like a cloud giving a morning hug. I walked through the day with my cloud hugs still prickling my skin, despite having several layers on.

❄️❄️❄️

"Why is this town so upside down and inside out???"
Merth, my partner when it comes to scouting and splitting into groups and coworker in general, complained. We were just getting into our rented apartment/hotel rooms.

"Aww, it's not so bad, all we need to do it turn the maps around a bit. And give them a break, they survived the war without having been touched by our country in centuries."
I defended.

"Easy for you to say, it's cold, you grew up in the cold!!"

"Yeah Sorax, you kinda sound like you have a bias"
My other coworker Baren said, dropping his unneeded two cents.

"And you're probably excited about the amounts of admitted wizard bloods and fellow mystical beings being in the town." Barens partner Owen said.

What he said was true, but that doesn't mean that that's what I was focusing on at the moment.

"See, you're getting re-dressed  into dry cloths now!!" Owen happened to add.

I stopped all movements to notice that he was right. My arms felt like they had goosebumps wrapping them like my long sleeves had been, but they were holding up a dry and warm pair of sweat pants. I took a deep breath and slowly dropped all my heavy clothing to the ground, bumbling out of my boots as soon as I could. After starting at my heavy, but warm, clothes as if if I looked away they would hypnotize me for a good 5 sec, I slowly backed away from the clothes until I turned and ran for the living room couch, my coworkers already half way there talking to each other.

I slammed into the brought couch backwards, breathing heavy from the running and the resistance from the only things that would keep me warm outside. A good minute later my coworkers walked in like nothing happened, Owen and Merth arguing about the possibilities that a town could've gone through so much as to design their maps crooked, and Baren looking as nonchalant as always about everything.

Merth, Owen and I were all wizards, in one way or another, while Baren was an ex-mafian assassin cat shifter. He was a child when he left, and he hadn't had his first kill either so he was easy for the local foster care officers to integrate into society . He especially liked Owen for some reason, so he joined our group.