Chapter 11

Hello there guys! This is finally the wedding chapter. I hope you guys like it. BTW, i know I say this every single time, but I'm really sorry for the delay :) *crosses fingers* Dont give up one me! I just finished this really HUGE exam! Phew! But I'm back for good!!!

Feel free to comment and vote, I would really really appreciate it!!

Thank you so freaking muchie!! 

xx

********************

CHAPTER 11

THE WEDDING

Erin's POV

"Erin?"

"Hey, baby! Come on in," I embraced Jay in a tight hug, and was probably suffocating him wearing this dress and all.

Okay, I know I may SOUND calm and nonchalant, but trust me when I say I didn't just have butterflies in my stomach, but I practically had a whole zoo set loose in there!

Lets just say I am a very very good actress. 

Alice rolled her eyes, holding the eyeliner pencil in her hand like it was a spear. 

"Enough drama! I have to get the bride ready. I have been given this impossibly important task, and I must fulfill my obligations in order to-"

"Oh, shut up!"

She grinned and nodded her head enthusiastically. "Now that's spirit baby!"

I smiled at Jay, who was looking adorable in the little white suit that Aunt Jenna had tailored for him. His blond hair was ruffled slightly and his clear baby blues sparkled merrily.

"Erin?"

"Uh-uh?" I twirled a lock of hair around my fingers, my mind already wondering to the ceremony.

Holy crap, today was the day. The big day. 

"Do you think mom is coming?"

My fingers froze in my hair. Alice backed away slightly and turned to busy herself with her cell that was on her bed. I knew that she was listening though.

I didn't know what to say to Jay. Should I lie and say yes? Or would that hurt him even more and just give him false hope?

Thankfully, Alice seemed to pick up on my dilemma.

"Oh my god, I just remembered! Nana is making buttered popcorn. Jay honey, you wanna go get some?"

His face lighted up, and all thoughts of mom disappeared. He ran out the door hurriedly. Buttered popcorn was his favourite.

I stared at the mirror, realising for the first time, how closely I resembled mom in the picture on the windowsill back at out old house. She was wearing a dress similar to mine, plain, simple and beautiful. The only difference was that my dress had a glittery silver and gold lining at the top.

In the picture, she was smiling, not the fake one she usually sent my way when she pretended to love us in front of others, but the real I'm-the-luckiest-woman-in-the-world kind of smile. I loved that smile. I was nice to think that mom had once been a person capable of love. That thought had always driven me to hope that she would change and start loving us, the way mothers were supposed to love their children.

But that night, she crushed every fleck of hope I had in my heart. I didn't really run away because of what happened, but because I was afraid the next time I'd look at her, I would see that she didn't regret what she did. I refused to believe that my mother was able to stoop so low.