Episode 24

Rika

After the last Multi-Star Clover concert was over, the concert staff and former idols met backstage. They were all in their casual attires as they smiled.

"Well, now," Aaron began, "that was the best work we've done, including Nao's cooperation for the concert."

Kenshi's jovialness raised up while he smiled at everyone. "Yeah. Good job, guys. Everything was fantastic."

"To think this is the last time we'll see each other," Kuruha said. "Except, I'll get to see Kokoro almost every day." Her eyes glimmered with a sense of hope. "This was really fun."

Kokoro glanced to her left. "Onee, you do love being a celebrity."

Kuruha returned her sister's look. "There were times where I wanted this to be my life for a longer time than we had."

"Making your fiancé wait would be a bad thing," Manjuki sighed while her eyes were closed. Then, she opened them and stared straight at the dark silver-haired young woman. "On the other hand, not all humans get married early. I'll hand you that much for our last moments together."

"You're right," Kuruha agreed. "We met when we were four, but it's been over nineteen years since then. I'll have to see him sooner than later."

"There's one couple who still hasn't gotten married yet other than you and Kiyoharu," Minagi mentioned while glancing to her left, at a certain teal-haired magician, along with the picton blue-haired one on the latter's right.1

Isn't it about time? She shot a telepathic message to her own childhood friends.

Aaron smiled with dull eyes before replying. Mina~. Saying that to the humans even though you know it'll happen quite soon.

Futaba continued to smile lightly and stated from her mind, Well, our long, cursed history is over as well. We can finally be together forever!

Minagi's eyebrows raised, but her visage was still neutral. Forever. You two are finally happy. This is nice.

Although Aaron would've sent another telepathic message, Aikishi said the words aloud.

The male Magician of Fate said while he kept smiling, "Only humans make childhood promises, though."

"That's a little mean to say," Kokoro frowned.

"Ah," Aikishi added, "but the truth should hurt sometimes, especially for humans. Magicians aren't as soft-natured, remember."

Kokoro felt a wave of exhaustion pass through her, so she was beaten by someone superior in a few seconds flat. Her shoulders declined with her loss of strength from her entirety. "...Hah..."

Kuruha looked at her sister's poor form and placed her right hand on the amaranth pink-haired girl's head, before rubbing it slowly, yet gently. "Come back to Earth, li'l sister."

"I am," Kokoro claimed. "I never actually left."

Kuruha smiled. "I know."

Then, Kenshi glanced at Manjuki. "Guess you've gotta go home, huh?"

Manjuki gave a faint nod. "We all do. It's not likely we'll ever return to this world."

Kenshi looked down. "Oh. It would've been nice if everyone at LRN could have you there after this. I'm sure the guys, Saionji, Rina, Sayuri, and I want you to have a party with us."