Ch. 18: A Small Talk

Jessica looked up at Sokudo.

"That's not Siri." Sokudo said setting her down.

"Wh-what do you mean...?"

"Uhoh! Have I been figured out?" Greed smirked.

"That's an empty shell of her body. Her soul resides in Greed. And he's twisting and manipulating her to do whatever he wants."

Greed smirked. "I can make my servants do whatever I want... I can use her for sexual pleasure. Or to fight. Doesn't matter how mangled you make her body, I can bring her back. And I've killed quite a bit of people..."

"Th-that's awful!" Jessica yelled.

"Souls are magnificent aren't they? The essence of life... The essence of a living being. Fantastic... If you could collect the very thing that make us alive, would you?"

"Dammit... How greedy... Enough talking! Get over here so I can rip your head off!" Sokudo yelled and readied his weapon.

Greed laughed. "I have somewhere to be. I was meant to keep your friend alive, and send a message, but I got greedy." He chuckled as he disappeared.

"What does that mean...?" Jessica asked.

The two then heard static in their head.

"Sokudo! We need you back here quick!" Darwin said.

"Huh? Why do I hear Darwin in my head?" Jessica asked.

"What's going on?" Sokudo asked ignoring Jessica.

"The monestary is under attack!" Darwin yelled as the static sound was heard again.

"What's going on!?" Jessica asked worriedly.

"Darwin's Calibur allows him to communicate with us telepathically. Now come on!" Sokudo yelled picking her up and running off.

(Sorry for the rather short chapter everybody.)