Chapter 2 : the golden gate

Maya makes her oatmeal and puts it on the wooden table in the kitchen. Grandma unloads the dish washer and puts the dishes in the in the wooden cabinets. Would you like some oatmeal,says Maya about to put it away. Yes please, says grandma putting two delicate glasses of orange juice on the table. Maya put her grandma's oatmeal right next to her's and sits down.So, says Maya finishing up her oatmeal. Do you want to tell me something dear? Says grandma. Yes, um what is the backyard says Maya ? Grandma freezes. I'll be right back, says grandma. Maya mysteriously looks at her poor grandma as she struggles to get up the stairs. Maya runs over and helps her grandma. Thank you dear says grandma. Maya runs to her parents bedroom and finds her dad sitting on the bed watching t.v. Dad, says Maya. Yes, says dad. What is wrong with grandma says Maya? Honey, please sit down. Um ok? Honey she is struggling to walk. I know, but she will get better right says Maya worried. I'm afraid not says Maya's dad. She has cancer. No no no no no! That can't happen says Maya. ( Maya starts to cry as she runs into the front yard.) she sits on the front step. She opens her eyes and right next to her is a........