Chapter Six

“I .. hm.. don’t want to move in our house. I think it’s better Peeta and I life in his house because of our nightmares and his flashbacks. It’s not that easy to handle it and I don’t want you to get in danger. Is it ok for you?” I feel bad  letting my sister alone, but it’ll be the best and safest for her.

“Oh, Katniss, I never thought you would move in the house with me. I knew for a while that nothing can separate you from Peeta again. I just invited Kate and her family to live with me and Greasy Sae also wants to stay with us.” Prim gives me a big hug and I think once again how fast my little duck grows.

“Thank you, Prim. I love you” I smile at her and go back to Peeta.

<Peeta>

“Are you ready? We’re landing.” Haymitch shouts.

Minutes later the door opens and we build a chain to get the food and all the other things out of the hovercraft.

One hour later all is stored in the house and Thom starts the hovercraft with the remote-control.

“How wide is the range of this” Finnick asks.

“Oh, it’s an invention of Beete and his work is incredible. The range is nearly 1000 miles. I couldn’t believe it myself as I first heard it, but he showed me when he brought some people to District 9 without a pilot.” Thom answers still impressed. “I send the hovercraft to the west and will destroy it somewhere between District 9 and 7. Because of the cameras I can see every time on this screen where the Hovercraft is. It’ll take a while. Go and help Annie move in your new house I’ll see you tomorrow.” 

With a last look at Thom, Finnick walks over to Annie.

Katniss and I help Prim and Thom’s wife to bring a lot of things into the house. As one of the last things I grab Katniss’ bag and walk after Prim to their old house when Katniss stops me.

“Peeta, that’s the wrong direction. I live over there.”

Surprised I turn and see her showing to my house. What does it mean? I can’t believe that she really want to stay with me.I hoped so every minute after we’re found a way back to one another.

“You’ll stay with me?” I stumble “I was afraid to ask, but…”.

“Oh Peeta, I promised to never leave you again and except that I don’t want miss a day with you on my side. I love you!” says Katniss when she takes my arm and leads me to our new home. Our home!

<Katniss>

Someone screams and knocks on the door I realize not complete awake.

“Peeta, there is someone at the door.” My voice is full of panic. What if they found us? I can’t let them separate us again.

“Hmm….then go and open it” a sleepy voice answers from beside me.

“But I don’t know who it is.” I reply a little shaky.

“Who could it be? We’re only ten people live here in Twelve” Peeta now awake answers while he gets out of the bed.

“Come on we both go” he smiles at me and offers me his arm like a gentleman to walk downstairs to the door.

“Haymitch! What happened? Why are you banging on the door early morning?” I growls at him realizing he is not alone.

“Take on the TV they send it all the time. He’s dead!” Haymitch and the others rush into the living room.

With an irritated look Peeta and I follow them and stop right behind the sofa starring open mouthed at the TV. It shows Snow with an arrow in his stomach and someone swinging an axe is running to him.

“Johanna?” Finnick whispers disbelieving while Annie shivers and sobs at his shoulder. I stay now in front of the screen and look at Snow seeing the dead coming. After Johanna ended it she turns around and shouts directly into the camera “He is dead! Now he can’t hurt the people again. I had to finish it to take revenge for what he did to Annie, Peeta, me and all the others. He’s dead now – he’s dead!” Johanna screams when she was pulled away from the body. As it starts from the beginning Finnick takes the TV off. We’re all staring speechless on the dark screen.

Suddenly the silence breaks and there are loud steps on the stairs, crushing things and then a scream “Quell” - the keyword for a Flashback agreed on.