Chapter 5- The Adventure Begins

Shadow's POV

     "Y'know, that deer friend of yours is really cute" Scourge said with a smirk. My thoughts went crazy. 'Wait, he likes her!?' 'How dare he like her.' 'I love her and I will have her!!' My thoughts said. Why would a werehog like Scourge like a deer like Sonic? Deer are prey!! Well, for Scourge, not for me as you know. I was almost mad, like I wanted to kill or injure Scourge. "Are you joking? Deer are prey for you, Scourge!!" I asked him. Scourge giggled a little. "Well, that deer is an exception. So, no, I am not joking." He answered me. I felt my claws come out.  A werehog claws are like a cat's, they are retractable. "Mad?~" Scourge asked. "N- no!! Why would I be?? I don't  like that deer at all!!" I said. Yes, I was mad. Really, mad. But I can't like Sonic anymore than a friend, or Scourge would have to kill me. Laws of nature. Laws of the werehogs. And no one could change it, unless they were Mother Nature themselves. Scourge looked at me. I knew he could tell I was lying, and I could tell he knew it. Scourge and I were and still are the best of friends. "I know you are lying, but I wont push it. I was invited to hunt with you, and that is what we are going to do." Scourge said sternly. I nodded my head in agreement. We trotted through the woods until we came across a river. Everyone on this side of the forest knew that this river meant. This side of the river was the forest, nature. The other side of the river was the Humans' side, not even close to nature. Whenever I felt bad I would walk on the river's edge and just think. I knew other animals do it too, because I would see them on the river's edge as well. "Looks like we met a dead-end." I said. "Well..... We could always swim across??" Scourge suggested. I always knew Scourge was a darer and an adventurer, but I never thought that we would even think of going to the Humans' side of the river!! "Are you crazy!!?? Uncle Jaks got killed from the Humans when they were hunting over here!!!" Uncle Jaks was, well, our uncle. Yes Scourge and me are related, but not the thing at paw here. "Well, yes, he did get killed. But we are the new generation!! We can sneak past the Humans and see the other side!! Plus, they don't hunt over here, so they might not even remember their technique into catching us!!" Scourge explained. "Still, I don't think this is a good idea..." I was really scared.... Even though I was the top of the food chain in this forest. "C'mon, Shadow!!! It'll be fun!!" Scourge said and next thing I know, he was already a paw in the water.