The Journey PT 3

We were done cleaning ourselves so we headed back to Sonic and Asrial, but a sent drifted in the air. It was coming from the makeshift camp too.

The sent was a distress sent. Coming from Sonic and Asrial.

"Do you sense that? It smells like danger!" Scourge said.

"Yeah, I smell it. Come on! We need to hurry!!" I said. We raced to the makeshift camp and to Sonic and Asrial. 

"I wonder what is going on!" Scourge yelled across the wind.

"You say that like you don't care!" I yelled back at him.

"I just do wonder! Geeze!" He yelled. We were still racing through the wind when we heard a RAWR! 

"What was that!?" I yelled at Scourge. 

"I don't know! To be honest, I think it was a bear rawr!" Scourge yelled back. Then that's when we heard a scream. 

"Asrial! Asrial!" We heard Sonic say. We both started to run even faster, like time itself was slower than us. Then we were at the scene.

An enormous black bear was hovering over Asrial as Sonic was stunned in shock in the mouth of the cave. The bear had red eyes, teeth super sharp, and, as I mentioned, midnight black fur. It was dripping drool on Asrial but Asrial was knocked out. I turned to Scourge and he turned to me. I knew we were thinking the same thing.

"Hey ugly! Over here follow me!" Scourge yelled at the bear. The bear turned to Scourge and started to charge at him. Scourge stuck out his tongue at the beast and started to run away. 

As he was distracting the bear, I went over to Sonic. She was as still as a log. 

"Sonic?" I asked her. "Sonic? Sonic!" When I said her name last, she finally snapped out of it.

"Sh-Shadow?" She asked me. She looked frightened and I knew why.

"Yes, it's me Sonic. Do not worry." I told her.

"Oh, Shadow! I am so glad you are here! Heh... We figured out that this cave belonged to a bear, a-and it's family. Luckily it's family ran away. Asrial scared them off." She said. I couldn't believe my ears. Asrial scared them off? Asrial!? 

"Wait, wait, wait. Asrial? Y'know what? Nevermind. Can you help me get Asrial to a safer place?" I asked her. She nodded.

"Asrial. Asrial wake up!" Sonic yelled at Asrial.

"Hm?" Asrial mumbled. Phew... He's awake.

"Asrial, can you get up?" I asked him.

"I think so..." He said. He tried to get up, but he wobbled a bit.

"Here I gotcha," Sonic said. She walked over and let Asrial lean on her. Asrial said thanks.

"Okay, come on. We need to get to a safer place before Scourge come back, just in case the bear follows him." I said.

I sniffed the air and followed the sent I caught. The sent smelled safe, and smelt like it had lots of food for all four of us.

-----------------------------------------------

Oof. Sorry, I took so long to get this out! I had school and now we get Christmas break! So hopefully I will be able to get another part out this break before school comes back! Again, so sorry that this took so long to come out. I bet this one was a bad one too. Well. Bye, everyone! I hope you like this chapter/part of A Love in the Woods!