7 - Friends

Andy didn't know whether to be horrified that he was just on the brink of death or grateful that he was actually still alive.

Nevertheless, they very uncomfortably stared in the face the very one they had been seeking.

Mitch looked as if he was about to be sick. Honestly, he would have been right there with him. Something was pecking at his brain, though.

"You could have killed us. Why didn't you. It looked like..."

She didn't respond.

It was almost as if she was bewildered that the two of them were even here. She just kept staring at them...

She snapped out of it after about a few moments. "Who are you and what are you doing here?"

"I'm Andy and this is Mitch," the blonde stated partly on his brother's behalf. We came here to..."

Her eyebrow raised.

"We came here to meet you!" Mitch blurted out, ending his silence.

"Don't you two have school or something?"

"Well, yeah," Andy admitted. "But we just got out for the day. Besides, it's not every day that you get to meet a pair of superheroes!" He paused and looked around. "Speaking of which, where's the other guy you always have with you?"

The woman's next words were mixed with a sense of curiosity and caution. "Just how much do you know about us?"

"Google Search."

"Of course. That figures..." She trailed off upon hearing the footsteps of someone else coming their way.

It was a tall man wearing some kind of hoodie and sweatshirt combo. Something looked kind of strange about him, though.

"Hey." The man waved his hand in greeting, showing that it was surrounded by fur. The two apparently weren't meant to see that, because it quickly went back into the nearest pocket in the blink of an eye.

The werewolf woman glanced at him, as if to say, "Seriously?".

"There's no point. We aren't exactly in a position to hide anything. Let's just get this over with..."

He sighed, knowing the jig was up. "Prepare yourselves, boys..."

He pulled down his hoodie to reveal a face different from the werewolf standing next to them. It looked like the same kind of thing, only more human, if that was the real word for it...

He actually looked just a tad bit creepier. It was weird because he seemed to be nicer overall.

"Go on, call me a monster... Let's get the name calling out of the way."

Andy hesitated. "N-no. We're not gonna do that. We... We just need a minute." Mitch nodded his sentiments.

"We're not going to hurt you, Mitch. Calm down." The woman's words were probably meant to be reassuring, but she wasn't the most reassuring person to be around.

"I-I'm fine." Mitch managed to get out, stuttering.

He snapped his finger as he recalled the whole reason they were here. "So, uh, what are your superhero names?"

The more and less muscular werewolves each gave their names in tandem.

"Lycan."

"Hound."

Andy opened his mouth, but Lycan cut him off. "Our secret identities are going to stay that way."

He clamped it shut again.