lost (part 1)

(Sorry Guys, it's my first ever fan fiction and I don't really have much of a plan for the whole story atm, but soon I will. You can also tell I'm not good at writing chapter names sooo...that's that.
Anyways...started 10/29/18)
Warnings: bad language and blood(notice I write looong chapters)
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
This new world confuses me. Why did it have to happen as soon as I got used to my surroundings? As soon as I started loving myself and my family again? It was all a pretty normal day, starting out with me getting shoved into a locker by some bratty Bitch who thought she owned the school considering she thought she was the 'most beautiful, outgoing, egotistical' cheerleader at Wilson high. I rushed to my 5th period class, music, not even knowing what was about to happen. Whatever, I don't give a fuck, that was a year ago and I hope she's long gone and rotting with those dead assholes.

Anyways, I heard the announcements over the speakers during 5th period. Apparently it was a lockdown, but I ignored the fact that we were all supposed to be hiding in our rooms. I ran right out the door in hopes of finding my best friend Kaylie. She's the one who never fails to bring out the best in me.

Once downstairs, The teacher pushed me into the room before quickly locking it. The lights went out and we were all told to shut our mouths.
"I'm scared, what's happening?" Kaylie looked at me with fear in her eyes. I didn't know what to say. I felt scared to but I couldn't let her know.
"Shh, it's gonna be all fine, I'm here. I'll always be he-" I got cut off by the sounds of screaming from outside the classroom. Kids started tearing up, holding onto each others arms. I pushed the teacher out of the way and glanced through the small window.

"Oh my god," I couldn't believe the shit I was seeing. Kids were running from what seemed like crackheads who were tearing chunks out of others limbs. Blood across the room and papers thrown all over.
"Natalie, Get your ass back on the floor right now" whispered ms. Ryan. I stood in shock and started to sweat really badly . My mind was racing. Flashbacks From when I was a young kid surged throughout my head of when I would read comics of these things, or zombies, attacking everyone. I remembered Kaylie. I thought about her and what we had to do. I couldn't last one more second In this crowded room.

"No, everybody listen the fuck up!" I screamed, "NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO STARTS CRYING, WE NEED TO GET OUTTA HERE!" I pointed to the window and some students caught on to what I was talking about. "EVERYONE WATCH EVERY TURN YOU MAKE AND STAY AWAY FROM THOSE THINGS!" A group quickly began pulling up on the windows and hopping out, running in all directions. The cold air quickly filled the room, along with the intoxicating smell of burning..flesh? I gagged at the smell and tugged on Kaylie's arm.
"Kaylie let's go," I brought her back to reality as she quickly made way to the windows. "Ms. Ryan, I'm sorry. Stay safe please" I told her as she nodded in return.

Kaylie and I ran to the other side of the school. I had a plan in mind.
"Follow me, were going to the gym."
"What why? We need to leave!"
"No, Kaylie listen, we NEED protection. Please be strong right now!" I assured her she'd be safe with me. We ran through the halls all the way to the gym, shoving into the equipment room.

"Take this shit and a backpack, it's gonna be useful." I handed her a metal baseball bat and threw a few water bottles into the bag before grabbing a wooden baseball bat. We rushed out of the room when suddenly, I bumped into a tall figure.
"SHIT" we both yelled until we saw our faces. It was my volleyball coach. His face quickly changed at the sight of us.

"Natalie, tell me what the fuck is happening?"
"I'm not sure, we need to get out of here..I Need to get to my family." Tears formed in my eyes.
He shook me and then made me look into his eyes, making me a little weak. I always had a soft spot for him, no matter how much of an asshole he was during practice.
"Natalie, you are going to get through this, both you and Kaylie." He looked over at her and smiled. "You can only make it together if you stick together. You're both strong. Especially you Natty." He said smiling and punching my arm lightly.
"Thanks coach, I'm gonna miss you" I said reaching out to hug him.

"Let's hope it's not the last time we talk. Also, great idea kid with the bat, might use it myself." He added, making me proud.
"Wait!" I shouted, he turned back to look at us.
"Why can't you come with us?"
"Natty, id love to, it's just..." his eyes saddened. "I have someone who I need to see first."
I understood who he meant and nodded, giving him a little salute goodbye. Kaylie and I ran to the parking lot, our only destination at the moment being my house.
God I hated that day, but it was only getting much worse.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Whatcha think? Lemme know! Also ps, Kaylie is my best friend in real life and I'd die for her no matter what. I hope she sees this lmao