6 - In A Butcher's Lair (Part I)

"Nooo! Let me go!" I heard Abigail's voice. A sound of a cell door was closed.

"Fuckin' let go of her! Son of a bitch!" I heard Adam's voice as well. I was slowly opening my eyes. I noticed that we were in a prison-like cell. "Damien? Damien, wake up!" He was looking at me, shook me by placing of his hands on my shoulders. I was lying down when I woke up. "Oh thank God, you're awake!"

I was having a mild headache, "What... where am I?" I asked, I looked around. I stood up slightly.

"I don't know... you ended up here with us in some jail. Abigail was dragged out from here when you were thrown in." He gave that worried look.

"Who took her?"

"Some monster... who had a fuckin' mask over his face... not like Jason Vorhees..." he said, "I saw he was carrying a large meat cleaver. He dragged her out by pulling her hair somehow went that way..."

"Then... when are you gonna be next?"

"I don't know... but I know he'll return soon." Even though he is jock, he had been experiencing something fearful and terror-stricken in this event. "There must be something around here that we could bust the locked cell door with..."

I looked around again for clues. There could be something dropped on the floor. But then it caught my attention that there was air vent. Barely at Adam's size but still could be fit. The vent for some reason wasn't at the very top like every other vents. It was at the very down where we could crawl from the floor to inside it, but the problem is that the cover is screwed shut. "Hey, Adam, c'mere for a sec."

"What is it?" He looked at me.

"There's a vent down there, we could crawl inside." I pointed where it was.

"I see... but what are you gonna do with the cover? It's screwed, yanno?" he said, "And plus, I'm not really sure if I could fit in there."

"You can, even though it's barely a size of you. About the screws, I'm gonna go check." I went over to the vent and checked the screws. Its top is a plus shape. "Adam, you mind having any screwdriver?"

"No... I don't have it, I should've carried one." he replied, then he noticed something hanged on my belt, "Why don't you use a crowbar that you carried?"

"Oh... right... I forgot I've been carrying this for a while now." I took my crowbar hanged on my belt and used it. I tried to pull the vent cover with the best force I have, but it didn't come off. I tried again but the same result happened.

"Let me try." Adam wanted to give it a shot. He is actually stronger than me so the results of the after-use of the crowbar might be different. He used this great strength. Forcefully, the vent cover had snapped and removed.

"Nice one." I complimented, "Now let's get the fuck outta here and find Abby, I'll go in first." I took my crowbar back. I went into the vent first then Adam being the second. It was frosty inside but we managed to keep our warmth. Adam was having quite a hard time trying to crawl but soon he made it easier for himself. We climbed on the slope of the vent, leading us to climb at the ceiling vent.

"How long are we gonna climb in here?" he asked, with a bit of tiresome vibe.

"Until we find what's good for us or we reach at the end, you choose."

Then suddenly, the vent became sensitive, meaning that it sounded very screeching and we were about to fall, "Oh fuck... I think we're in the end..."

The vent broke and we fell. We were hurt and dust was everywhere. We fell into the hallways, but honestly we weren't disappointed, at least we were free.