Chapter 8

"What is up with you two?" Lyssa hissed at me as Leland, Dog, and Duane Lee walked out the door.

"What do you mean?" I smiled at her.

"That is the happiest I have seen Leland since the day Dakota was born. You are either the best sex he's ever had, or you drugged him. Which is it?"

The family had known about us for a few weeks now. We didn't want to make a big deal out of it, so we let them tease us and try to figure out when. We just kept to ourselves about most of it and held hands in public now. I laughed and looked at Lyssa.

"The best sex ever huh? Did he tell you that?"

Lyssa smacked my arm lightly. "Annabelle! Freaking tell me!"

"We just went away for the weekend! It was...fun."

"Went away?! To where?"

"Oh...to Maui." I blushed. She freaked out.

"How's it sistahs?" Beth walked in.

"Oh, Annabelle here was just telling me about their romantic weekend in Maui!" Lyssa said.

"Ooo, do tell sista!" She said.

"You guys! It was nothing! We went surfing, we walked along the beach, we got shells. That was it!"

"You went surfing?" Beth asked, eyeing Lyssa.

"Yeah! And then we picked out jewelry for each other, and-"

"I knew that seashell necklace he was wearing today was new!" Lyssa exclaimed.

"Surfing and jewelry, huh?" Beth asked.

"Yeah...? You guys, what's going on?"

"Annabelle..." Beth started. Lyssa squealed.

"What?" I asked them. Suddenly, it hit me. He was going to propose. "Oh my god." Lyssa squealed again. "When?" I asked them.

"Soon," Beth said.

"Very soon," Lyssa added. I ran out of the room to throw up.