Chapter Two:...And Destruction

TW:Description of injuries.

Previously on Dad Jokes...

Virgil-*rolls eyes and smiles*Fiiiiiiiine. *leans over and gives Patton a good morning kiss*

*seconds later the sound of screeching tires,car horns and breaking glass can be heard throughout the neighborhood*

Patton-*one second he is receiving his good morning kiss,the next he feels a numbing pain in his torso.*

Three Days Before The Incident...

*a young man,about 19,wearing a black polo shirt,a blue tie,nice black pants and black shoes is walking into a building that has a sign reading:Sanders Physical Therapy*

Logan-Salutations,Wanda.

Wanda-*waves good morning at him from the front desk* Mrs.Bryant is waiting for you in the gym  

Logan-Ah.I see.Thank you,Wanda.*he leaves the lobby and heads to the gym to meet Mrs. Bryant*Salutations,Mrs. Bryant,Mr. Jones.

Mr. Jones-*an older man of about 58*Hello,Logan!

Mrs. Bryant- Good morning,Logan. Are you ready for today's work?

Logan-Yes ma'am.

*They proceed to help Mr. Jones work through his shaking caused by the Parkinson's Disease that he was diagnosed with years before*

Present Day...

Logan-*walks into Sanders Physical Therapy*Salutations,Wanda.

Wanda- Good morning,Logan.We received a call just a few minutes ago,it's about your brother. He was in a car wreck earlier today and is in the Sanders hospital,unconscious.Mrs. Bryant already knows and will be extraordinarily upset if you do not leave for the hospital immediately.

Logan-*has become increasingly panicked throughout what Wanda just told him and runs out of the building to his car*

Flashback...

*A young Logan,about seven years old, is sitting on the living room floor playing with his little brother Roman.Their mother walks by with her purse and keys in hand*

Mom- I'm going to the store.Anything you want?

Roman-Cwafter's pwese!!

Mom-*laughs*Okay.I'll get Crofter's.I'll be back soon!*she gives her husband a quick kiss on the cheek before walking out the front door*

Logan-*runs to the front window and looks through the blinds just in time to see his mother pull out into the neighboring four-way stop intersection.He knew from what she had told him,she had the right-of-way,but that didn't stop the truck.*

Present Time...

*Logan rushes as much as he can,while staying safe,to the hospital to discover the condition of his brother.As soon as he parks his car,he jumps out and runs for the entrance,making for the information desk for the hospital*

Logan-*out of breath*Excuse me,I'm Logan Makinly,I'm here to see my brother,Roman Makinly. Do you know where he is right now?

Receptionist-*male,his name tag says 'Remy'*Not off the top of my head,let me look.*types into his computer and looks back up a few moments later*It looks like your brother is in the ICU.He's not in good condition,but he's not as bad as he could have been.

Logan-What does that mean?

Remy-He could have been dead.

Logan-Oh God...What room?