Chapter Eleven: Kittens, Dimples, and Calenders.

(Corrine's point of view)

       Oh my goodness! They're called smartphones! Why can't they be smart enough to undo mistakes like this, or...or...go back in freaking time?

        I groaned and began typing out another text. 

       Sorry! That was not for you! -C

        Maybe he'll suddenly have temporary blindness in this instant? The thought flew out of my mind as I noticed he's typing. 

        Men do suck but your husband isn't sucking the right way, darling ;).--I blushed furiously at his meaning, and the emoticon, imagining him winking in person with that dimpled smile--Would you like to talk about it? -N

        He wants me to talk about it? And he's willing to listen? I'm no longer sure he's male!

        I don't think I should. -C

        I think you should. -N

        I paused for a moment and then figured, what's the worst that can come out of this? With that, I took a deep breath and went for it, typing out a simple summary of the whole Jason argument and then waited anxiously for his response. 

          I think the two of you have some serious communication issues that need to be dealt with soon, or else you'll have bigger issues to deal with. Do you trust him? -N

        Do I trust him? 

        Am I supposed to even think that?

        I don't know. -C

        That's a no. -N

        It's an 'I'm very confused.' -C

        Then there's something very wrong between you both if you're confused about this. -N

        I hated that he was right. 

        I know. There is. -C

        I released a lungfull of air at that text, unbelieving I had confessed that little tid bit of information, and unbelieving that it was true. 

         Then fix it, because you shouldn't be unhappy. -N

        I never said I was unhappy. -C

        That's right. You never did. But you didn't have to. I can tell. -N

       I blinked, shocked at his words. I'm not unhappy, am I? 

        Then again, the fact that I'm even wondering if I am says plenty, doesn't it?

        You see a lot more than you let on, don't you? -C

        Yes, I do. -N

       You're a wonderful person too. Good night, Dimples. xx -C

        Dimples? Good night, Kitten. xx -N

        Kitten? I texted him, Kitten? Why? -C

        Because you have feline eyes. -N

        Oh...for some reason, his new nickname for me made me blush. 

       I didn't respond to his text, assuming that with our good night wishes, the conversation was over. 

        I curled up tight on my side, but did not close my eyes because I knew that I wouldn't sleep anytime soon. 

        As my mind ran through ways to improve my relationship with Jason, my heart fluttered in my chest. 

        But the fluttering of my heart was not for him. 

(Nathaniel's POV) 

        I flung the covers off of me again. Maybe that's just the problem. Maybe the room is just too hot. 

        Or I'm restless thinking of a certain redhead with feline, grey eyes, and a bright smile. 

        A married redhead with feline, grey eyes, and a bright smile.

        Yes, exactly, that's the important word, married

        Married to a douchebag. 

        I groaned. 

        It didn't matter at all if she was married or not. . I have grown to care for her --in a non-interested way of course-- and I still worried about her. It still upset me that she was upset. 

        The room's cold again. 

        With another groan, I pulled the covers back on. 

        Well, at least tonight, I was up worrying about Corrine instead of inappropriately thinking her.

(Corrine's POV) 

       A few days later, I got a call as I was walking into the my tiny office to edit a few pictures after a photo-shoot. 

       It was only someone requiring freelance work, which was increasing after the gallery opening. 

        I walked over to my desk and quickly opened up the calender application on the laptop. 

        What I found, made me shiver. 

        I told the woman on the phone that I would have to call her back. 

        I switched between the past two months. Oh my God. Oh my God, I'm an idiot!

        "Corrine? Are you okay?" Paige asked me from her desk, her concerned eyes on me. I didn't even realize she was in the room. "You look like you've seen a ghost."

        I swallowed, then gave a strained smile. "I'm fine." 

       Slamming the laptop shut, I grabbed my things and bolted out of the office which suddenly felt too small. 

        Kelly's door was open and I barged in, slamming the door behind me after making sure we were alone. 

        "Corrine, you look terrible! What happened?" She got up and rushed to me. 

       "Remember when I missed a period last month and you told me not to panic?" I blurted. 

        "Yeah?"

        "Well, I missed this month's period too." I whispered as tears threatened. "Kelly, I could be pregnant."

********************************

CHAPTER ELEVEN

Yes, I know, a short chapter, but it was all I could do at the moment....Don't give me that look. Give it to writer's block. And my desire to keep you on your toes. 

So, Nathan fantasizes about Corrine too... 

Anyway, 

VOTE

FOLLOW

and leave your thoughts, opinions, suggestions, fanasies (if you have any), and questions behind in a COMMENT!

Love y'all!