Chapter 7

Two hours. It had been two hours ago that they'd made it to the nearest hospital. It had taken them fourteen hours to get to the port.  The storm was a bad one. Shivaay had no cluebhow he was even managing to stand. Perhaps because he was fighting for her. His stomach felt numb. He had to blink to look properly. His skin was cold. He rested his head against the small peek glass window and saw the doctors trying to revive her. Luckily for him she hadn't given up. He did whatever he possibly could with his acing body to keep her breathing. Tears rolled down his cheeks. Fate had slapped him hard. So had that he felt his vision blur and the world around him went spinning to ultimately disappear into darkness.

Shivaay moved his eyelid. The light was blinding. Couple of minutes passed as he tried grasping where exactly he was. He opened his eyes with utmost pain moving his rigid head. His head seemed to be hit by a truck. He took in a deep breath closing his eyes. Glimpses of unconscious her filled his mind. " Anika !" he gasped aloud widely opening his eyes. He hoped it was all a bad dream. He trier sitting up and groaned. 

"Sir, please lay down!" A nurse immediately helped him lay back. 

"Where's she?" His breath was uneven. "Anika. "

"Shivaay relax. She's out of danger. She's sleeping." He heard a familiar voice. 

Omkara it was.

"Shivaay, relax." He said gently touching his brother's palm. 

"She collapsed. I need to..m." He screwed his eyes as a wave of cold pain ran through his arm when he tried to move it. 

"Shivaay. " Omkara looks son alarmed.

"See her..Anika." He murmured.

"Nurse. " Omkara called out. "I guess he's in pain. Have you given him painkillers?"

The nurse frowned. "I Will ask the doctor." Omkara controlled his anger. How did this place even get a license to be called a hospital? He made a quick call for arranging the transport to a better hospital. Luckily enough, Shivaay had called the emergency number which connected him to home security when he had got the hospital. If he hadn't done so before fainting, the Oberois would have been madly looking for the two in the expanding city.

Omkara drove in silence. Gauri seemed angry yet fearful. Anika still hadn't come to perfect consciousness. "She'll be okay." He said softly.

"I pray your words to be true." Gauri said biting her lip to keep from crying. Her eyes already held tears. "She's my everything."

Omkara had empathy for her. "She's a fighter. She'll be healthy. Don't worry. " he assured, holding her hand. She looked down at his hand. He pilled it back immediately sensing her possible uncomfortableness. 

"Sorry." He mumbled.

"Thank you." She pressed a small smile. 

"No you don't have to. I am really sorry for whatever my bro...."