Ch. 5

The morning sun shined in through the window. It hit Naomi in the face and she shifted and sat up. She blinked and yawned. She blinked a bit and rubbed her eye. She turned and let her feet hit the floor. The soft wood brushed her feet and she felt the chill. She shivered a bit. Then went towards the bathroom and freshened up and got ready for the day. Breakfast was at the door and Naomi brought it in and woke up Lyn. Lyn was slobbering and Naomi was scratching her head not wanting to know what she was dreaming about. "Foood.... Sweet pancakes.... Chocolate...." Naomi stared at her, "Lyn... wiped your mouth...please..." Lyn opened her eyes and gasped wiping her mouth quickly. Naomi chuckled, "Have a nice dream..? It sounded like a sweet wonderland..." Lyn nodded with a smile, "So many sweets! I was riding a cotton candy boat over a river of syrup that was on a fluffy pancake." Lyn was swaying back and forth, she had a look like she saw heaven.

(I wish I could have dreams like that... Glad Lyn can though she deserves it...) Lyn got up and went towards the bathroom and freshened up. Naomi set up the table with silverware and plates. Then she placed the food in the middle of the table. Lyn walked out of the bathroom and sat next to Naomi. They ate and talked. "Naomi, you look very cute, like always." Naomi turned her head and sighed with a blush, "Why do you say this stuff for..?" Lyn chuckled a bit, "Well, what's the idea of today? We heading out or..?" Naomi rubbed her head, "I have no clue yet, let's just wait for awhile...." Lyn nodded. Naomi sat at the window gazing at the aura protruding from the big mansion. Naomi placed her thumb under her chin and wrapped her index finger around the top of her chin and began mumbling ideas. Left and right tossing ideas from her head, every few seconds she scratched her head at some ideas and began shaking her head. She sighed, (This is a pain.... So much is going on and I can't think straight... Why me....? Nick.... But he knew I could do this, he knew I had the brains to do this and can handle it..... But....can I really....maybe I'm just....) Naomi rubbed her head and closed her eye, remembering the events from before. She didn't realize she was crying when she opened her eye and stared at her reflection. (I need to quit..... Damn it....) She rubbed her head and wiped her tears away. Her boyfriend's name echoed in her head, repeating non stop like a lost child looking for their parents. Naomi was knocked out of her trans when Lyn put her hand on her shoulder, "Don't worry, we can do this. I have faith in you, even Nick does too. This is why he let you escape because he knew you can handle this. I know for sure he probably knew his death was then. No need to hind tears...it's the human way of grieving. It's hard to let go of something like that and accept it." Naomi clenched her fist, "I..have to act strong! I can't let my tears show! I-I...." She gritted her teeth and tears fell on her lap.

"Don't do that. It'll hurt more than ever. Acting strong won't help you cope, it's alright to cry...." Naomi grabbed her arm and began squeezing, "It's... My fault.." Lyn shook her head, "It's not..." Naomi nodded and began pulling down on her arm, " she cried, she fisted the ground... I let my tears flow... That's why he died...." Naomi's eye looked inflamed with anger, her pupil shrunk and she felt like she wanted to rip her arm off, then she calmed down a bit. "My tears won't help me.... I cried while I sleep but it doesn't help.... It's a damn reminder....a reminder that I didn't do anything to help...." Lyn hugged her," Listen, even if you didn't do what you did, he would've still died, it was a fight to the death, and if he was injured he would've let you live while that place crumble beneath him. He knew.... Listen, let's take a break, no thinking fun day, just us. You've been stressed so much I've noticed you had bags under your eye, even showing beneath your eye patch, too." Naomi looked at her reflection, she didn't realize how she looked, she pretended she looked normal so much it became normal to her. Naomi nodded, "Okay...." Lyn smiled and they went to the village's shopping district. It was big, markets at every turn selling whatever came to mind. Some places were magic showings, you could see magic fly out of the top of them and people cheering, no competition. Simple and neat, everything flows normally like an assembly line. Children were running about, laughing and enjoying the moment. Of course there was the ones holding the barrier, they seemed to be relaxing, because of the calm day. Lyn grabbed Naomi's arm and dragged her to each shop she wanted to go. Lyn bought a couple of things, like a purse like pouch, shoes that had glitter splattered on with the color, clothing that shined in the sun's rays. Naomi bought dark color clothing, bought some boots that were stiff on the outside, preventing any cuts that could inflict to it, but it could be just advertising.