Memory

Earlier in the day, YanDa's father revealed his plans to her.  He hopes to trick Ying Kong Shi into killing his own brother.  She is now walking towards the ever blooming cherry blossom tree.  She is looking for Shi.  No.  It's Li Tian Jin now.  She knows she will find him here.  This place has too much significance for him to forget.  Sure enough, as she turns the corner, there he is at his mothers grave under the cherry blossom tree.

Yan Da sees him setting off small fire works.  She smiles. "You finally remembered."

"Remembered what?" He says with a flat tone.

"I taught you how to set fire works back then." She is still smiling at the small display in his hand.

Li Tian Jin stops and drops his hand.  "I don't have any memory of this."

She seems to ignore his answer and directs her attention to the object in front of the tree.  "Why are you setting off fireworks at your mothers tomb?"

Li Tian Jin's answers with a sad tone.  "Its so cold and gloomy here.  I dont want my mother to be lonely."  He feels numb.

She pauses for a few moments, then finally looks up at him.  "You have no memory of your past.  So leave Ying Kong Shi behind and bury him for good."

Yan Da grabs his arm.  "Let's leave this place."

Li Tian Jin continues to stare at Lotus' grave stone.  But Yan Da's touch is not unwelcome to him.  In fact it's comforting. "Where do you want to go?" 

"To the mortal realm.  To Sacred snow mountain.  Anywhere is fine.  Lets leave the ice kingdom and the fire kingdom behind.  Lets leave this place and start our life again."

Li Tian Jin wonders what she means to him.  What life did they have together when he was Ying Kong Shi.  Why does he feel drawn to her?  He would like to leave his pain behind and be at peace.  "You would leave your own people?"

Yan Da squeezes his arm just a little and takes step closer.  "For you, yes.  I could do anything"

His heart clenches. "Who am i too you?" He is still facing the stone.

Yan Da gently lets go of his arm and turns back towards Lotus' grave stone, but does not answer.

Li Tian Jin still doesn't look up from his mothers grave. "Although my memory is gone I'm compelled to stay.  I have a voice in my head telling me I must have revenge.  When i think of Kasuo, all i feel is pain."

Yan Da looks back up at him.  "Then dont think of him.  Leave him behind too.  You have no memory of what really happened. You only have what my father told you.  He wasn't at spirit snow mountain.  I was th......"

Suddenly Yan Da's throat seized.  She stumbles when her throat closes while she gasps for air.  Li Tian Jin catches her, though she hasnt fallen he doesn't let her go.  He looks down at her, concerned.

Pheonix suddenly appears before them.  "She must have been poisoned by the ice clan.  Since the ice clan doesnt know of our alliance you should leave first and I'll take care of Yan Da."

Li Tian Jin eyes narrow as he pulls Yan Da away from Poenix. "My alliance is not with you, it's with the fire clan.  I'll  leave with Yan Da.  I've never trusted you."  And with that he disappears with Yan Da.