Leaving

Yan Da is still being held by Li Tian Jin when they reappear. She looks around and realises they are on snowy cliffs. Now that they are away from Pheonix her throat seems to have gone back to normal. Li Tian Jin lets go of her and sits down in the snow looking towards the snowy tips of mountains in the distance.

Yan Da is still holding her throat.  "Thank you. It was that nasty bird who cast a spell on me.  How did you know you could heal me?"

Li Tian Jin continues to stare out at the cliffs.  The Xian Xue birds cry can be heard as they soar around the mountains. "I could feel the spell being cast. I knew I couldn't trust that bird when I first saw him and so I've been keeping an eye on him since he got to the ice kingdom.  I cast my own spell on him as we were leaving. He wont bother us for a while."

Yan Da doesnt know what to say. She sits beside him in the snow.

Li Tian Jin seems to relax after a while.  "Although this area seems very barren, i feel comfortable on these cliffs. I just dont know why."

They continue to sit in silence as they watch the xian xue birds fly overhead.

"One thing puzzles me."  He tilts his head toward her but does not look up.  "Why do I feel close to you? What kind of relationship did we have?"

Yan Da continues to stare at the cliffs, but her face and tone soften. "I met you in the mortal realm. I didnt know who you were then, but I fell for you even though I thought you were a mortal. When I found out who you really were I was very angry with you for betraying me but later understood you had no choice. Its rather funny when I think about it now."

Li Tian Jin looks over in confusion. "How could a fire princess fall for a mortal and then an ice prince?!"  He seems incredulous.

Yan da looks at him pained and a bit angry, but a smile threatens to derail her anger at his teasing. Li Tian Jin catches the smile and tries not to laugh. But it's too late, they both burst out laughing. They laugh so hard they are doubling over into each other. Though everytime they touch something is ignited. A spark. As the laughter dies, Yan Da is reminded of the light hearted Yun Fei on their less serious nights when he was still so innocent. She looks at him longingly, remembering, a small smile on her lips.  Li Tian Jin's breath catches in his throat.  There is something at the back of his mind.  His eyes flutter just slightly betraying his thoughts.

Yan Da leans forward as she gently grabs his arms.  "Lets go back to the mortal realm since thats where it all started for us.  Nothing is set in stone.  Why cant we choose?" She says in a quiet but pleading tone.

Li Tian Jin can't pull away from her.  He doesn't want to.  He wispers. "Yes."

The gap shortens between them and their lips meet bringing with the kiss a flood of emotions for both.