Chapter 6: Teddy

This chapter is soooo boorrinngg :/

~~~~

I sit all alone in the gym, with my backpack on my lap.

It's lunch and no one is allowed to be in the gym, because the staff of the school lock the doors. I picked one of the locks just to be by myself here. Maybe if I stayed in the art classroom as usual, Aaron would be there waiting for me.

For the day, I had been trying to ignore him and surprisingly it's going well. I had only seen in twice in the hallways but he hadn't seen me while at it.

I guess why I was being mad at him was because of the stupid crush I have on him. At first, I thought he had liked me back because he would always try to flirt with me. But now looking at it, he was maybe just using me.

And realizing that hurt me, a lot.

The lunch bell rings, making me look up at the doors of the gym. I start to walk out, ignoring the curious stares I got as I walked out the doors. Looking down and closing my eyes, my breaths start to be more sharp. My eyes get blurry, my legs wobble not being able to hold me up.

Someone pushes me, making it difficult to balance myself.

"Hey are you okay?"

I can hear a boy's voice but all I can do is grab onto the person.

"Can't-t b-breathe.." I struggle out my words, and breathe harder.

"Hey, hey it's okay. Bri go call the nurse." I can hear.

"Just calm down. Just follow my instructions, breathe in and breathe out. Okay?" I follow the steps and calm my nerves.

I let go of the person, and try to stand. Instead, my knees buckle and I fall. The boy picks me up and holds me up by my waist. They rub soft circles on my back, and talk. "It's okay, I got you. Bri is grabbing the nurse." He holds me close, still rubbing my back.

A gruesome headache starts to form, and I wince. "What's wrong?" The person asks me.

I massage my head, but it becomes even more painful. Tears form in the corners of my eyes.

"Shit." The person picks me up and starts to carry me, running somewhere.

My eyes close, my body goes limp.

Next thing I know, I blackout.

~~~~

"I'm not sure, this is private information."

I groan and sit up rubbing my eyes. I open them and see a woman, a girl my age, and a boy my age all looking at me. The boy walks to my side fast, ignoring everybody else in the room.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asks me.

I laugh lightly, knowing that he doesn't know me fully but still is here asking me if I'm alright.

"Just fine." I look at the nurse, wanting water.

The boy rushes to somewhere, and comes back with a cup of water. "Thanks." I drink it all quickly.

"I'll have to ask you guys to go home, school's done and you guys have to go. Adeline and I have to speak privately."The nurse says.

They both look at each other, then start to leave. Just before they leave, the boys talks again. "My name is Teddy, Adeline. I'll see you later."

The doors closes.

"Adeline, do you know already about the tumor?" The nurse questions me.

"Yeah, I'll be getting surgery in a few days." I nod my head while talking.

"Well, it looks like the tumor is growing faster. So, it made you pass out, have you been having any stress lately?"

"No, I don't think so."

"Do me a favor and stay the week at home, until the surgery is finished." The nurse gives me a sympathetic smile. I nod at her words at start to, stand up.

"Thanks, I'll be going now." I walk out of the room and once the door closes I sigh.

"Hey." I turn and look to see Teddy leaning on the wall next to the nurses office. "Hi." I look down at my hands.

"Are you okay?"

I look up and see him already in front of than on the wall.

"Yeah, thanks for everything today. I really appreciate it." I smile at him.

"No problem." He smiles. It turns quiet, I can hear the tapping of his shoes and the nurse. Probably talking on the phone.

Deciding to break the silence, Teddy talks. "School ended a few minutes ago, I can give you a drive home if you want?"

He's nice I guess. I think I can trust him.

That's what you said last time about Aaron. I can hear my subconscious mocking me.

I mentally rolled my eyes and smiled at him.

"That would nice, Teddy."

~~~~

"Yeah, he's a little fire cracker but I still love him." Teddy talks about his little brother while eating the spaghetti I had made.

I didn't want to be mean, and on the way to school I could hear his stomach rumble in the car. Plus, I wanted to get to know him more and become friends.

Gus gus even took a liking to him too.

"Hey Adeline, are you okay?" I look back at him questioningly.

"Why were you like that in the hallway?"

I lay my fork down, and start to get nervous.

What if he makes fun of me?

What if he doesn't want to be friends after I tell him?

"If I tell you, promise you won't tell anybody else." I look up at him. "Promise."

I take in a deep breath, and stutter. "I-I have a t-tumor.." He has a look of shock, he gets up to walk over to hug me. At first, I stay still but then after a few seconds I hug him back.

"Is it bad?" I can hear his voice crack.

"Everyday it worsens, but I'll be getting surgery next week." I whisper out my words and rub his back gently.

"Why do you care so much about this? About me?" I pull out of the hug and continue. "Why now? You don't even know me." I pull my hair in frustration.

Is he going to use me? What does he want? Why is he being nice?

He grabs my hands, making them let go of my hair. "Y'know, I had a little sister."

I look at him stupidly. He said had.

"She was a little ray of sunshine, and she was only a year younger than me." He looks down at me, smiling.

"You remind me so much of her." His eyes start to become glossy, but he still smiles at me. "I was so stupid that I had lost her. I thought she was okay, but she wasn't."

"I never noticed the little cuts on her wrists, or the ones on her thighs." One tear falls down his face. He takes a piece of hair and places it behind my ear, then picks up my wrist and lifts up the sleeve.

I try to take away but he lifts up my other wrist and kisses the cuts. Teddy hugs me tight, I can hear him crying and feel his shoulders shake.

"I don't want to do the same mistake again."