Chapter 3: I need.

(Three Years Ago)

We're waiting in line, inside the bank because dad had suddenly lost his card and now needs a new one.

"Dad you're so forgetful." I burst out in giggles, at the same time hugging him.

"Am not, princess." Dad put a hand over his heart and pretends to be hurt.

I just laugh in response.

Mom holds my hand tight when a man enters the building, looking around.

In a flash, the man grabs a gun out of his jacket. Aimlessly shooting everywhere, then runs out of the building.

Looking around for my parents, I see them laying on the floor emotionless.

I let out a cry and hug them both close to me. I scream in anger and sadness, kissing both of their faces. "No, no, no, no, please, please, please, God it's not time for them to go yet." My breaths are sharp while crying hard.

I rock myself back and forth.

"I still need them."

Bitter.

Just bitter.

Everything I eat tastes bitter, and everything I see seems dull.

Everything used to be filled with taste whatever my mother cooked, or when I would hear her singing when she would be cleaning was be calming.

I still wish to hear my mother calling me her baby, and my father claiming me to be his little princess. I still linger for their touch, for their loving hugs.

Now that their gone, it justs seems bitter, like how yellow lost it's color and became gray.

The memories of them still hits me down hard, even if it just means looking at my first paintings hung up on the wall.

They always supported me when it came to art, they always believed that I could do so much more if I wanted to. Thankfully, I still continue with it.

It's like if I can still feel they're with me.

But sometimes it's not enough for me.

I want my mom to wake me up in the mornings, telling me to get ready for school or that breakfast was ready.

I want to go down the stairs and see my dad drinking his favorite sweet tea, watching the mornings news or football games.

I want to be nursed by my parents if I feel ill.

I want to have my parents by my side when I blow out the candles of my birthday cake, taking pictures.

I want my Dad and Mom back.

I want their love back.

But I can't bring them back.

Nor can I bring back their love, that I crave for.

I want and need.

~~~~~~

It's been a two weeks since Aaron decided to talk to me. Of course, at first I was excited to have someone to talk to. But deep down, I knew he was going to fly away like the others.

Just a thought of having someone with you, was calming.

Not being alone, was something nice to think about.

The first two days, I hadn't seen him in school but still had hope.

Then a week passed by, I had gotten used to the fact that he was ignoring me.

Now, today is officially two weeks. I don't know why I'm counting, maybe just to see if he would come back.

"Is it weird to talk to my dog?" I question my dog, Gus gus, who barks in response.

"Well I don't think it is." I kiss the top of his head and scratch behind his ear. He lays down, signalling me to rub his belly.

After doing so, I get up from my bed and grab Gus gus's leash.

"Wanna go for a walk?"

~~~~~~~

"You big baby! You can walk on your own feet, that's the whole point of a walk Gus gus." I complain to my dog, who I am carrying in my arms.

Let me tell you, he is not the average size of a dog. He's a wolf dog, meaning that he's huge. And heavy.

He licks me, hides his face between my neck and shoulder.

I kiss the top of his head and continue to walk, not caring about the weird looks I get.

I sit down on a bench with Gus gus on my lap, then run my hand through his fur. "Come on baby, you have to play. Or at least go potty." I whisper the last part to him, he turns to look at me with a straight face.

I giggle and scratch behind his ear. "Fine, fine. I won't bug you anymore." I lay back and close my eyes.

I think Mom and Dad would like Gus gus. I got him a year after everything happened, I didn't want to be alone.

After they died, Aunt Carrie took custody of me but she's never at the house. She busies herself with work, so it became just me and Gus gus.

Aunt Carrie doesn't really like Gus gus because he 'sheds too much'. But really, I just need to groom him once so he wont shed for the rest of the day.

Gus gus sits up on me, with his back facing me, he tries to sniff the person in front of me.

I laugh lightly, "Gus gus stop it, that's a stranger." I push the side of his face to me.

"I'm gone for two weeks, and you already forget about me?"

I want?

No, I need.

(●´∀`●)

word тнe day: ภєєժ.

тнιѕ cнapтer ιѕ alrιgнт :/