Chapter Seven

The boat takes hours to arrive at the harbor, so everybody is off killing time and doing their own thing. Polnareff is keeping himself busy by womanizing unsuspecting tourists while Avdol and Mr. Joestar review travel plans. You sit on a bench, listening to Africa by Toto on your Walkman, staring off into space. Jotaro was talking to Kakyoin before he decides to walk over to you. You look up at Jotaro when he stands in front of you.
"Come with me." He says, plain and simple. You stand up and follow him to a small, empty field close to the water's edge.
"W-w-what's up?" You ask, fidgeting with a loose thread from your skirt as Jotaro brings out Star Platinum.
"Let's fight. I want you to get better with Onyx Sword so you can defend yourself." Jotaro raises his fists.
Hesitantly, you get into a weak guard stance and summon Onyx Sword. "N-n-no h-hard feelings, r-r-right?"
"We'll see."
You get incredibly anxious as Star Platinum lunges at Onyx Sword. You tighten your fists and reel your arm back, squeezing your eyes shut.
"GOAAH!" Onyx Sword roars as its claws swipe across Star Platinum's face. Jotaro takes a step back, blinking as blood drips down his cheek. He's in disbelief that you managed to hit him. You gasp when you realize what you did, quickly getting some bandages from your backpack and running over to him.
"I-I-I-I-I'm so s-s-sorry!!" You cry out, wracked with guilt.
"No... I'm fine." Jotaro puts his hand up.
"Y-y-you're b-bleeding really h-h-heavily!" You unwrap a bandage, worried about him.
Jotaro places a finger on his cheek and looks at the blood left on it. "Guess you're right."
You reach up and place the bandage on Jotaro's cheek and wipe off the rest of the blood with a tissue. He even leans forward a little so it's easier for you to reach him.
After you clean him up, you look over at a small beach a little ways down close to the water.
"Do... y-you... w-w-wanna come s-s-sit on the s-s-sand with m-me?" You nervously ask. Jotaro nods and you both walk over to the water's edge. You sit on the sand, peel off your sneakers and knee socks and place your bare feet out in front of you, the low tide lapping at your ankles. You begin to sweat a little, so you slowly take off your green jacket, placing it in your lap. Out of the corner of your eye, you see Jotaro looking at the countless scars on your arms and legs, some healed and some new. You cross your legs and fold your arms, trying to cover yourself up. Jotaro rests his hand on your arm and places it by his side as as a way of saying "you don't need to be ashamed."
You feel so close to Jotaro right now. This feels like the perfect moment.
"J-J-Jojo...?" You squeak. "I have s-s-s-something t-to t-t-t-tell y-you..."
"Hm?" Jotaro looks out at the sea, pulling his hat over his eyes.

Alethephobia...

You let out a quiet sigh. "N-never mind..."
"Hey! Jotaro! {Y/N}! The boat's here!" You hear Mr. Joestar shout from a distance away.
You stand up and put everything back on and run towards the pier.

Hey, everyone.
I haven't been able to finish this chapter in a really long time. I decided to just put out he unfinished product to keep what little consistency I have with this book.
The reason I can't write as often as I'd wish is because of crew. I have school from 7:15-2:00, then go straight from school on a bus to the boathouse. Usually, practice lasts until 5:30, but it can last longer if we have a race coming up. Races, or regattas, are normally on weekends. We usually spend Thursday cramming in as much practice on the water as we can, then load our boats and equipment on the trailer on Friday. Actually, as of writing this, I just went up to New York with my team for the Head of the Fish. We stayed in a hotel for Saturday night and raced on Sunday. At the hotel, we had a costume party because of how close it is to Halloween. I got the award, "Wait, are you even on this team?" For looking completely different than I usually do without using a mask. I have short red hair, but I used a long black wig for my Marceline costume. As for the race, my boat didn't do that well, but we had fun! Today (the Monday after the race) I don't have crew, so I'll be able to write a little more tonight. Also, the season is almost over! I'll have the whole winter season to write as much as I can (until spring season starts)! Thank you for your patience.
-Luci