Chapter 1: The Dream

Snow's POV:

A shadow was all that was within my view, in that moment I knew that I had to run. Ready to run my body lurched forward only to be unable to leave, my feet were glued to the floor by an unseen force, preventing me from leaving. The shadows started to appeared, creating a dance, each new shadow joined until a full circle was made of shadows. The breeze and their voices started creating a song, one so old that is only know as an ancient song. The shadows sung for their master, calling him back when his voice joined theirs, the demon prince, as the last words of the song were being sung a voice that sent a chill down my back and that I knew I had to escape called my name. My eyes flew up, heart pounding in my chest I could feel my wolf became alert, we both looked around searching for any danger in the forest below and in the sky. As we scanned the area we spotted a grey wolf giving chase to a small rabbit. Apart from that nothing seemed to cause for alarm but even then wolf was too close for our liking, decided it was time to leave. Shifting from my puma form into a barn owl I took flight, flying away in search of a new resting place, my heart pounding all the way, the nightmare bothering me, as the words kept ringing in my ears.

After about an hour of flight and uneasiness a cave came into view. Slowly my body landed on the cool floor, shifting again into a puma, I allowed myself time to sniff around for any recent scent in order to avoid conflicts with other wildlife, upon not smelling any recent scent that might tell someone already lived here. I plopped down, needing to rest for a little while. Even though I didn't want to remember what awoke me I was unable to keep my mind from drifting back to the dream, all I could do was shiver from how uneasy it made me, hoping it did not mean what I thought it did, closing my eyes the thoughts kept trying to get in. Yawning, my eyes slowly opened to the sun shining light into the cave, huffing I noticed I must have fallen asleep. Getting up slowly, I stretched my body feeling slightly more relaxed, sitting back down my tail flicked but that feeling didn't last long.

Numbra spoke up, amusement clear in her voice, "Finally, you come back to the land of the living". Deciding to ignore her I allowed my muscles to flex before leaping down to the ground and shifted into a pure white wolf with blue eyes that contained a bit of silver in them. My body was about the size of a normal wolf, the reason being that it would allow me to blend in as well as me not being a werewolf but a different creature, my body was not as big as theirs. Slowly my eyes surveyed the surroundings, searching for anything that could give me a hint to where the humans were as if there was any immediate danger. Breathing in slowly my mind concentrate, a small scent, barley noticeable reached me. The smell of humans was so faint that deep within me I knows that if I was going to reach them I would have to start running now so it wouldn't be too late. Slowly my legs started moving and slowly going at my top speed in order to reach the village. During my run I couldn't help enjoy the feeling of the wind, following the scent I reached my destination after about 10 minutes. Looking around careful for anyone that might be watching, my body slowly shifted into a small black cat, something interesting about my shifts was that no matter what my eyes would always look the same unless I forced them to change but even then the effort was too much, anyways my feet padded along the woods lazily.

Still following the scent I noticed the smell of human and something else, which I couldn't make out while climbing up the steps of the little white house. Sitting down on the porch, my mouth opened only to let out meows of hunger, hoping the human was still in there and would be willing to feed a hungry cat. Slowly the door opened, reveling an old woman, studying her while I kept wailing her body and hair told me she must be around here late 60's, but I could be wrong also.

Looking around the old women tried to pin point where the cries were coming from, upon looking down she noticed my small body, pity was clear in her eyes upon seeing how thin and bony I was. Focusing on her my body arched as she went to pick me up, for my hunger was too strong to simply sit there and wait. Her hands slowly wrapped around my stomach, as she picked me up and carried me towards the kitchen. All the way, purrs could be hear coming out of me, happiness at the though of being feed. All that was on my mind was the thought of her serve me some meat or even fish that I could chow down. But instead of taking me to the kitchen to be feed she turned a corner and keeps walking down a hallway that clearly was not to the kitchen, soon she stopped in front of a door at the end of the hallway.

Slowly the women opened the door, revealing the place to be a bathroom. Carefully she lowered me down to the floor. My eyes snapped up to meet hers as she looked down at me, telling me softly, "Wait here kitty and I will be back with some nice tasting food for you." closing the door, the women was gone. Sighing my plan seemed to fail, maybe I meet the cat women I have alway heard of and now I was stuck with her in the bathroom. Getting up I shifted back into my human form, desperately searching for a means of escape, but there was no way out not even shifting could help me out, slumping a bit my eyes wandered to the mirror, it had been so long since I last saw myself. Staring at myself it felt weird, my violet eyes looked back at me, small silver spots, were within my eyes just like they were in every creature I shifted into, one of the things that gave away what I was. My long black hair went all the way down to my lower back, twirling it, it saddened me how much it had dulled from the lack of care and proper nutrition, I remember how shiny it was and how beautiful it looked with it's slight waves.

Looking away from my eyes and hair I focused back on my face, wondering what it was like now, my face was so pale from lack of nutrition as well while before they had held some natural blush and my eye lashes were long and thick. I measured 5'5  when I last measured. My body was hourglass shape like. My breast looked to big for my liking even if I knew nothing about their real size. The same went for my legs, which I now felt as if they were too long, my skin was lacking it's normal healthy color, that was tan. Instead I looked like a walking corpse, my ribs stuck out as well as almost all my bones, griming at how badly my health was.  Having finished observing myself, my ears focused on the soft falling of footsteps that was coming down the hall to the bathroom, upon hearing them I shifted back into the small black cat, already forming and escape plan within my mind.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Authors Note: Hello everyone this is my first book so I would like to hear what everyone has to say or any ideas someone has for this book also I will try to update oh and I'll try to fix up my chapters as best as I can because I was reading this and didn't like how it sounded. So if I take a while to update I could be busy or fixing up my chapters.