Chapter 3

Ariana's POV

I had just got home from lunch a couple of hours ago and sitting with Mac searching for something to watch on netflix but nothing looked good.

"you pick something babe" handing him the remote

ding

Pete: hey you never texted me if you got home safe

I go and start to reply when my phone is snatched out of my hands

"what the hell?" I ask

"who is Pete and why is he asking if youre home safe?" Mac retorted

"its Pete Davidson and we went out for lunch I already told you"

"you know I don't remember stuff when I'm high"

"give me my phone please" putting out my hand

"you're not texting him and you're not going out with him again"

"what is it with you thinking that you control my life?" I ask

"whats with you thinking that you can disrespect me?" he says getting closer to me face

"Mac stop" getting up from the couch "you're scaring me you asshole"

All of a sudden I am pushed up against the wall and everything goes is slow motion when all of a sudden I feel a hand against my cheek followed by a sting. Silence fills the room as I sink into the floor and the only words that I can mumble are "get out"

"Ari Im so sor-" Max tries to apologize but I cut him off "I SAID GET OUT!" Crying as the words come out.

He turns to grab his jacket and swiftly makes his way to the door slamming it so hard that it causes me to flinch. I know we've gotten into fights in the past but i never thought he would ever hit me. But I guess you can't be to careful these days.

I finally get his and take a hot shower for about 45 minutes. I don't know what I'm going to do about Mac but that's the last thing on my mind right now. After I get out and change into a large oversized hoodie I hear my doorbell ring which is odd because I didn't buzz anyone in.

I walk over to the door but when I look through the peep hole I see that the person is so tall that I can't even see their face but I open it anyways.

"Pete uh hi I wasn't expecting you" hiding behind the door to make sure he didn't see the bruise starting to form on my cheek.

"Yea well you never got back to me so I wanted to make sure you didn't get kidnapped or something" he chuckled

"Well I'm sure fine thanks for checking" trying to get him leave

"Are you sure? You're acting weird" he keeps nudging

"If I let you in you promise you can't freak out"

"Promise" he says as I reveal my whole face to him

"What the fuck" he said as he slightly lifted my chin to get a better view "it's not that bad" I countered

"Ariana you have a fat bruise, who did this to you?" He says turning red

"Mac" I whisper as tears gather and my legs start shaking. Luckily Pete grabs me before I fall and brings me to the couch

"I'm sorry you have to see me like this" I say as I try to pull myself together

"You have nothing to be sorry for" as he rubs my back "you don't deserve to be treated like this"

"I know" I mumble

"How long has this been going on" he asks

"The fighting for months but this is the first time he's hit me"

"If you're not happy then why don't you leave him?"

"I think I'm scared to be on my own"

"But you wouldn't be. You have friends and family, and also... you have me and I'll never leave you"

"Thank you Pete" pulling him into a hug "for everything"