Ch.14- Sacrifices

Ch.14- Sacrifices

Running was supposed to be easy. The act itself was a basic human response to danger: the flight response. All you had to do was get up on your feet, and push forward, being ever so careful to not fall or injure yourself in the pursuit of safety.

So why in God's name was it so hard for you to run?

Maybe it was the bleary vision caused by the build-up of liquid salt in your eyes? Maybe it was the fact that you had been in a situation like this before repeatedly? Or maybe it was because you had just witnessed someone who you assumed would never attempt to save you do just that.

Either way... you were currently struggling to make your escape.

The floor felt more slick than usual, and if it hadn't have been for Todoroki's grip, you would have for sure fallen. Then there was your arm... obviously broken or possibly even shattered from Bakugou literally blasting you out of the way. The sensation of it tightening, the spike of pain growing with every breath you took was nearly too much for you.

It burned. It stung. It bled.

But despite the red liquid slightly cracking through the broken skin, your peers kept you moving knowing full well that you all had to get out of there. You had already lost one...

"Do we have a plan?" Shinsou shouted, slamming close the hallway door to the second floor, keeping away the creatures that would soon be getting closer and closer to them.

"I-I don't know..." Kaminari stuttered, keeping an eye on the way they had just come from.

"Midoriya?" Todoroki shouted, looking at the green haired boy who was standing beside him on the staircase.

"K-Kaachan... he-"

The doors Shinsou was pressed against rumbled, the muffled sounds of clawing and banging echoing through the eerily quiet stairwell. Shinsou groaned, pressing as hard as he could to keep the door from busting down.

Kirishima ran up next to him, using his own body as well to hold the door closed. But even the redhead knew that this door would not last much longer. Those things were much stronger and still somewhat possessed the quirks of those they had hatched from.

Midoriya held his mouth, face pale and his green eyes watery. He looked ready to throw up, his body unable to move and his mind unable to further process what had happened. If anyone here was a doctor, they might have diagnosed him with shock.

"Midoriya!" Todoroki called out again, his hand on your wrist dropping in temperature. The desperate call of his voice was enough to make your stomach drop.

This was bad... this was really bad. Not only had their actions failed and that thing got back in and killing their peers... but one of them had gotten one of their strongest allies. And while Todoroki could be just as powerful as Bakugou... he was in no way as gung-ho as the ash blonde had been.

They were down a powerful player and a leader... meaning the role would have to be divided between Todoroki and Midoriya. However, while Todoroki only knew of the strain he would be put through, Midoriya had already started his.

Unable to concentrate, or hear his allies begging him to do something, he was lost in his own little world. Midoriya had always been able to save Kaachan up until this point... but now seeing as he was gone... maybe he truly was a Deku.

"Midoriya snap the hell outta it! Bakugou would beat the hell outta you if he was here!" Kirishima screamed, his voice echoing through the concrete walls.