Chapter 4

||haley's POV||

My dad was beating me "shut up you *****!" he said. he continued beating me with a whip i winced at everything. I woke up screaming my head off crying. Darry Soda and Pony rushed in the room. Pony first. Pony ran to me and hugged me.

"Hey its okay. im here for you now. it was just a bad dream." Pony said.

"It felt so real though." i managed to say trough my tears.

"I know i know." Pony said hugging me. he wrapped his strong arms around me comforting me.

"Hey its okay kiddo." Soda said rubbing my back. I was still crying.

"Can i sleep with you guys tonight?" I asked soda and Pony.

"Sure thing." Soda said. I got out of my bed and walked with Pony and Soda to their room. me and Pony were holding hands. i got into their room and we got under the covers. me and Pony snuggled and Soda put his arm over both of us.

"I told you i would be there for you." pony whispered in my ear.

"Thank you." i said. i kissed pony's cheek and then drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up. no one was in the bed. i looked at the small clock on Pony's desk it read 11:23. i guess waking up in the middle of the night screaming tired me out. i got up and looked in the mirror my black eye was well black with a little bit of blue and purple. the cut on my leg had scabbed over. i still had some bruises tho. i walked into the living room to find Pony and two-bit watching tv.

"Oh look shes alive!" two-bit joked. I shot him a glare.

"Morning Ponyboy." i said.

"Morning! sleep good?" He asked.

"Well after my nightmare yea." I answered. i went over to the counter and pulled out a plate and got some chocolate cake. i felt hands wrap around my waist. i turned around. It was Ponyboy.

"What do you want to do today?" he asked me.

"Well first i wanted to do this." he gave me a confused look. i reached my hand behind my back and grabbed my piece of chocolate cake. i stuffed the piece in Pony's face. I had a wicked smile on my face.

"You better run!" Pony said. i sprinted as fast as i could. i ran into my room and hid under the bed. i lifted myself into the bed frame so he wouldn't see me. i heard his footsteps in my room.

"Okay i know your in here!!" he said. i forced myself not to giggle. i heard him leave the room. i think he was in his room.

"Two-bit" i heard him say "can u help me find Haley?" he asked

"Lets find this girl! she cant hide all day!"two-bit said. But he was wrong i could and i will. pony came back to my room.

"You know, the longer you hide the worse your consequence is gonna be!!" He shouted. i just silently laughed. he would never find me.

"Once Soda and Darry and Steve get home we will definitely find her!" two-bit said. now i started getting worried. I could handle pony and two-bit but Darry Steve and soda!! i don't know about that. it had been a while so i decided to take a little nap

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Soda!! I need your help!" i heard Pony say. then i heard Steve and Darry walk in. "we need to find Haley shes been hiding for hours! I cant find her!"

"Alright then why are we standing here? lets find her already!!" Soda chuckled.

"Okay everyone split up!" I heard steve say. and so thats what they did. Pony was in my room, Soda was in his, Darry in his, two-bit in the living room/kitchen.

"What the hell is everyone doing?!" I heard Dally say.

"Were looking for Haley shes been hiding all day!" I heard two-bit say "u and Johnny go check the back yard." Shoot! Johnny and Dally are

Both here!! The whole gang was here now. i don't think i could hide from the whole gang!! IMPOSSIBLE! i heard soda leave the room.

"Okay shes not in my room." soda said

"Not in her room either." pony said

"Not in the living room or kitchen" two-bit said.

"Not in my room." Darry said

"Not in the backyard." dally said.

"Man where could she be?!" soda said

"No idea!" most of them said. i lowered myself from the bed frame and came out from under the bed. i went into the living room.

"Hey guys! where have you been all day?!" I said. they all stared at me then sprinted towards me. i sprinted into my room an locked the door just before Pony could grab me.

"Hey hales come out we know your in there! game over!" Soda said.

"Never!" i screamed. i found a paper clip (to unlock my door from the outside) and climbed out the window. i silently went through the front door and peeked around the corner to make sure they weren't looking my way. they weren't. i went behind them and screamed

"WATCHA DOING?!" they all jumped and turned around

"GET HER!!" two-bit shouted. i ran as fast as i could. however Ponyboy Curtis was much faster then i am. he caught me not even halfway down the block. he picked me up and carried me bridal style. i wrapped my arms around his neck.

"So what are you gonna do with me?" i smirked.

"Well first I'm gonna do this." i gave him a confused look then thought oh crap! He put me down. he smashed a huge piece of chocolate cake in my face.

"That taste pretty good!" i smiled. we just laughed and sat on the side of the road laughing and talking.

||i hope you are liking my fanfic so far! If u have any suggestions comment and tell me!! stay gold||