Chapter 5

(Yuri Katsuki POV)

The next couple of weeks passed by quickly. I got a new job, at the local coffee shop Phichit and I had visited. Speaking of Phichit, he decided to go live with his dad. We couldn't really hang out, because he was packing all of his stuff away, but the day he left I helped him load the car.

~

"So, you're leaving." I broke the very awkward silence, as we loaded up the back of Phichit's jeep. "Uh huh, It's kinda crazy almost. I'm gonna miss this place." He sighed sadly. "Do you miss Thailand from what you remember?"
"Yeah. My aunts and uncles are their, and my favorite skating rink in Bangkok." Phichit said, slinging another suitcase into the trunk.

When we finished, it was time to say goodbye. Phichit hugged me tightly, saying, "Yuri, I know you'll make it." I hugged back. "You probably won't have to work 3 jobs when school starts! So, you have that to look up to." And he let go. "If I'm lucky." I replied.

Phichit got in his Jeep, after saying his goodbyes to his mother, giving her a hug and kiss, while telling her to "stay strong". He looked at me one last time, who was standing beside the car next to Phichit's window, and waved. "Bye, Yuri. I'll video chat you once I'm settled!" I waved back and mumbled an okay. His car rolled away, and as if on cue, Victor called.
I answered as I starting walking home slowly.

"Hey Yuri!" A chirpy voice called. "Hi.."
"Yuri? What's wrong?" Worry laced his accent. My voice was low and crackly because my throat was so dry. I felt like I wanted to cry, but I couldn't. I already tried. The tears wouldn't come out. "S-Sorry, Viktor. It's just that Phichit left today, back to Thailand, and I'm pretty bummed." I laughed dryly to clear the tension. "Aww.. Are you okay? If you're lonely I'll totally take a trip to Japan~!" Viktor said in a sing-song voice. "N-No, that's okay. Like he said, I need to learn to adapt with out him. And trust me, you wouldn't want to visit me. I get attached pretty fast, so I'd be clinging to you like a leech." I said jokingly, but it was true. "Wow, for someone who is socially awkward, has social anxiety, and has little to no friends, who knew you could get so attached to people?"
"Haha, very funny. But I'm serious, and I find it odd also." Viktor just laughed. "So, what time is it in Russia?"
"A little after 2 p.m. What about Japan?"
"A little after 9 a.m."

We sat in silence for what felt like forever, and later on Viktor spoke up with a very quiet voice. "I would really like to meet you."

"Y-You would?" My hand flew up to my face to cover the blush Viktor had caused, not like he could see it, though.
"Definitely. And I would mind if you got attached.. It's funny. I already feel like I'm attached to you." Viktor's voice went raspy.

~

Time went by and I arrived home, but I still couldn't believe what Viktor had said to me.

"I already feel like I'm attached to you."

//this is super short oops