w o k e

chapter twenty-one | woke

one month and fourteen days since millie was hit by a car.

❁

two weeks later

millie's pov

i flutter my eyes open and take look of my surroundings. i'm in a hospital? why am i here? how long have i been here for? i look towards the window and see a y'all figure looking out.

"finn?"

as soon as the figure hears my voice they turn faster than i could even finish asking his name.

"angel. you're awake."

i slightly smile but then i remember what i saw before i woke up in this place.

general pov

- a month and a half ago -

"don't worry about her finn, my friends jut wanted to give her a scare. you don't think she actually cares about you do you? she's so easy. she's such a slut, why do you even bother with her?" the girl says wrapping her arms around finn tighter pulling him towards her.

"you're the one that's a slut iris. takes one to know one, and millie is not a slut. i care about her more than anything, you're just jealous. just give up you psycho bitch." finn shouts.

millie heard shouting and peered her head around the corner.

finn?

with iris?

oh no please no.

"let me show you how it's like to do it with a real woman." iris whispers in his ear.

"iris stop i love mi-"

finn's words are cut off by iris smashing her lips into his giving him a sloppy wet kiss. finn cringes and immediately pushes her off of him.

but millie didn't see him push her off.

"get out. please." millie says quietly holding back her tears.

"baby it's been almost two months, you have no idea how bad it's been." finn says staring at her in awe getting down to her face.

millie looks up at his face, wow. he looked horrible, she cupped his cheek and took note of every detail of his face. she didn't even realize she was crying until he wiped a tear off of her.

"why did you do that to me?" she cries looking down. "m-me? what'd i do?" finn asks concerned, what could he possibly do.

millie stiffens up and pulls her hand away from his, "i saw you and iris in the hall, i can't believe you did this to me. i-i love you finn. i fucken love you!" she shouts.

finn didn't know what to say or do, instead he just held her. he held her and rubbed her back up and down until her cries stopped.

"millie?"

no response.

"babe?" millie slowly looked up and gave him a sad smile. "i didn't kiss her, she kissed me. she wouldn't get off of me and she kissed me. i'm so sorry you saw. i promise i would never hurt you."

millie nodded, "promise?"

finn smiled, "i promise." she smiled back at him and they sat there quiet enjoying their company.

"i missed you so damn much." finn blurts out breaking the silence. "i know, i heard you. i screamed so much but i couldn't wake up. i was like dead, but i wasn't in a way. i heard everything. i'm so sorry, i would've never thought you'd be such a mess."

"you heard me?" millie nodded, "i even heard you say you wanted to marry me one day." finn's eyes went wide, "i-i d-didn't day that, i-i mean i do want to m-marry you, i mean ugh shit" finn rambled. he grabbed a cup of water and drank some trying to calm down.

millie giggles, "relax babe, it's okay i didn't want to marry you anyway." she jokes. finn spits out his water all over him and coughs which causes millie to laugh even more.

"i was kidding! i do want to marry you silly." she blushes. finn couldn't help but blush as red as a strawberry.

"i think you have a little something." millie says pointing to his shirt covered in water and his face. "oh yeah?" millie nods, "i'll get it for you." millie grabs a napkin by her table and wipes his chin, cheek, and lips.

"got it" she smiles. "no, i think i still have some." finn then presses a soft but rough kiss to her lips.

"i missed those lips." finn smirks, millie rolls her eyes and opens her arms, "come up here you cutie." finn obviously listens to her and climbs next to her in her hospital bed.

"when can we leave?" she asks stroking his curls as he lays on her chest listening to her fast heartbeat.

"as soon you want, i'll talk to the doctor and let him know when you are awake" finn says.

"good, because i have a little surprise for you when we leave." she smirks knowing finns' eyes are bulging out of his head.

he swallows the large gulp in his throat, "i-i don't like surprises."

"you'll like this one."