Chapter 3

My world starts spinning and I blackout. I think I remember someone calling my name before I passed out.

I wake up in an unfamiliar room. I check my surroundings. I am lying in a green and gold bed with very expensive wallpaper and the general same setup of my room. I feel numb on my lower half, so I remove the blankets and I see that my clothes have been replaced with a white night gown. I check out the damage in my legs. I nearly scream when I see the amount of blood on the bandages. My snow globe is set on the nightstand, perfectly safe.
"Ah, you're finally awake," I see the face of my captor, or Jimin and he seems to be fine.
"My legs are killing me. But I'm okay. How about you?! Are you hurt? Did she get you too?" I ask him. He chuckles and takes my hand. For some weird reason, my heart flutters when he does that.
"No. I'm fine. That was Maleficent. That's my nickname for her. Just call her Madame M. We don't know what M stands for, so we just go with it. She likes running things the way my father let her but when I took over, she went crazy," I stop speaking.
"She said I was "too soft" and that my heart was too kind. I promise I won't let her touch you. I am not my father. I would much rather treat you like a guest rather than a prisoner. I don't believe in stupid traditions. Screw traditions! I just know today will never repeat itself," he promises me. He tells me these things. But can I trust him? His eyes....how can this boy be a leader of a tribe?
"Thank you. I don't understand why you're being so kind. Everyone just automatically hates me when they meet me but you...it was your family that gave the money in the first place. I didn't think you would be calm at all. I thought you would be angrier than your parents," he shakes his head.

"I understand what it's like to be born into a world that makes you wonder why you were even born in the first place. Instead of just one relative enduring hardships, it's your entire family. At this point, it's not even your fault. But because the blood of those people run in your veins, you are like a carrier for negative energy," he explains.
"I think I get what your saying. My family has been on the run for such a long time. How long have you been tracking us?" I ask.
"Since you moved to Korea. Locating you was easier thanks to you. Officer Jungkook identified you. There was no playing around it," My eyes widen. That annoying guy from earlier.
Jimin laughs at my reaction.
"Just kidding. I had just sent out my friend to check up on you. He's actually another tribe leader," At this statement, I am very shocked.

"So what tribe are you actually the leader of?" I ask him, after recovering.
"You still don't know yet? I'm a part of the water tribe. I could list all seven, but we don't have the luxury for that right now," he grabs a glass and pours some water for me.
"Where are we?" I ask.
"My room. We had to move you and my room was the closest. Your bedroom is unsafe. Just rest for now, my hostage," his voice is suddenly soft, and I feel at ease. I usually hate the word "hostage," but the way he said it...
"Say it again," I urge him.
"What?" He asks, with one eyebrow raised. My eyes suddenly start to feel heavy.
"What am I to you?" I ask.
"My hostage," he strokes my hair and I start drifting off.
"Sleep, my hostage,"

When I wake up, Jimin is by my side, sitting on a chair. His sleeping figure is beautiful. If I didn't know any better, I would've thought he was a god. He already kinda is, because he has total control over the world. But then I realize that I can escape right now. Strangely enough, I don't want to. I test my legs out by moving them around, but it is extremely painful when I move them even by an inch. I just give up. Even if I do manage tiger out of this place, how will I be safe? My grandparents got in trouble with not just Jimin's grandparents, but every single tribe's founders. Maybe he is right. Maybe I'm safer in this place. I sink back into my bed and ignore the reality for a bit.

This scene reminds me of a k-drama when the female lead watches the male lead sleep and the camera pans in and out of his face, taking in the features. Except in this instance, I am the camera. He is handsome. He is literally unreal because his beauty is blinding.
"Like what you see?" I suddenly jump while lying down, causing my legs to feel a little more hurt. He opens his eyes and I shake my head while avoiding eye contact.
"N-no. I'm not a creep or perv. I'm just a simple bedridden teenage girl," Jimin suddenly scrunched his face up.
"Aish, I forgot to tell you about your condition. The doctor said you'll be able to walk in a couple days, but the pieces of glass were completely removed and left a bunch of microscopic tears in your skin. The holes will heal in a week or so, but the skin will be scarred for a bit. So for now, I will be your personal maid. I don't trust anyone around you anymore,"
My face falls. I'm sure he means well, but I don't want to go without contacting any other people for a couple days. "Aish, I'm making you feel like a prisoner again, right? Nevermind that, in a few days when you are able to walk again I will take you outside," I take a class of water.
"Thank you for being so nice to me, but don't you have...work?" I ask him.
"Not at the moment. My brothers are taking care of it. There are 6 other guys watching over me so I'm fine," I raise an eyebrow. "Not blood brothers, we have a strong familial bond. An unbreakable between sworn brothers," he changes the subject again.
"You really haven't told me about your work. So do you guys beat people up and execute them?" I ask.
"No way! My parents probably ran it differently, but I won't let anyone get hurt and I settle things civilly....most of the time. If I have to get rough, I will. But we have a reputation to keep up, so we make it a point to not get personally involved with the outside world," I nod my head in understanding. It makes sense, he doesn't seem like a bad guy. "I also got a wheelchair for you," if this guy wasn't a Mafia leader or my captor, my parents would have probably let us date.

We run down the halls like children, Jimin pushing my wheelchair around like a seven year old with a shopping cart. We are laughing and having our fun until someone interrupts.
"Ahem,"