+o1.+

Most people wouldn’t think of listening to a nine year old boy. Of course, I never would have if it was any other boy other than Azariah but since it had come from him, I knew it was serious. I lowered down towards the old man and gave him some food. He smiled, thanking me as he patted my shoulder. I smiled back and told him you’re welcome. He didn’t have to say thank you though since his smile said everything. Poor thing probably hadn’t eaten all day yet. He seemed to be homeless with a very old shawl around him to keep him warm during the fall season. I had placed some extra money in the bottom of the bag, hoping he will save it for food later.

I wrapped the sash around my waist, holding my jacket closed. I wasn’t very cold though, but it would be strange to walk around and the wind was blowing very coldly. Macaria was right next to the beach and it would get very chilly.

I had spent all day looking for this address Azariah had told me to go look for. Some people around the small town gave me weird looks but helped give me directions. I had been nervous ever since Azariah told me I should go look for Dante. I hadn’t been expecting it at all since I hadn’t heard his name for a very long time, but I have thought about him allot.

“It’s almost been ten years.” he said to me when we were walking home from the park. It had been another day at the park. Him trying to make friends, but the other kids would bully him. I always tried to play with him, but even though he’s different he still acts like a normal nine year old and is to embarrassed to be seen playing with his grandmother even though I couldn’t be mistaken as his older sister.

I had smiled down at him, “Yes, I know. You’ll be ten in a couple of months. You’re getting so big, why couldn’t you have stay a little baby?”

“It’s apart of life to grow, grandma. Our bodies changes and everything grows, so—“

I chuckled, “Azariah, I know why you’ve gotten bigger.”

“But that isn’t what I mean.” he said. “Mama and Dante time is coming up soon, they need yours and daddy blood to help him stay at their age.”

I had gotten silent for a long time on our way back home. I hadn’t spoken to him only because I had been thinking so much of Dante Castillo. I haven’t seen him nor heard from him since we had parted at the airport in Puerto Rico after killing Senka Dashwood and that was almost ten years ago. It was like all those heart breaking feelings came back.

I had stopped him in the hallway and bent down towards him, “Do you know where he is?”

“Well, no exactly.” he said, looking uncertain. “He’s in Spain in a small town called Marcaria. I didn’t really see him, I just saw the sign and a street address. But I have this feeling deep down, grandma, that you have to go find him.”

“I have to find him?” I asked and he nodded.

I reached into my coat pocket as I walked down the street and took out the pieace of paper with the direction. I wasn’t far away, which was good. It looked like it was about to rain and it would be horrible if it started to rain and I wasn’t close. I didn’t very much like the rain, I love sunny bright days.

“And just turn left.” I said as I read out loud. I turned the corner on my left and looked straight ahead. My eyebrows came together as I looked at the old Victorian style mansion. There was a large opened gate with a sign saying in Spanish St. Gulstan Psychiatric Hospital. I shook my head and looked up at the street sign. It was the same address Azariah gave me, but why’d it bring me here? Why am I coming up to a mental hospital? Dante can’t be in there, he can’t be living in there right?

I felt something drip on my face and I looked up at the dark gray sky as more drops of water splashed on my face before the rain started coming back. Groaning, I ran over towards the old scary looking asylum. I held my hand up to cover my face but my poor hair was ruined by the time I made it under cover from the rain. I looked at the pair of doors and frowned as I looked inside. I haven’t even gone in and it looked miserable.