+10.+

I walked down the street of Aneta casually, keeping my eyes to myself. I didn't want to draw any attention to myself since I didn't any Demon to spot me out. I fixed the bandana around my forehead that covered the gold dermal on my forehead.

I was suddenly grabbed into an alley and slammed against a brick wall. I hit my head pretty roughly and I groaned, bringing my hand up to the back of my forehead and I glared at the person in front of me. A homeless woman—at least I think she is—stood in front of me. She was dressed in a long dirty white dress with old worn out sandals. She wasn't old, probably early twenties. She had russet color skin and long dark curly brown hair that went to her waist. She had a small fragile waist. She looked like she needed a bath badly with runny eyeliner.

But no mortal woman would be able to grab me like that. I brought my fist out but she grabbed it and threw me against the wall and she reached out and grabbed the bandana around my head. “Hey!” I yelled, stepping away as I brought my hand up to my forehead. “Are you crazy?”

A big smile appeared on her face as she breathed out heavily, “Aracelia.”

“Yeah? Who's asking?” I asked coldly since I didn't know who this woman was.

“It's me—Suriel.” she said, chuckling. “You don't recognize me?” If I couldn't hold back my shock I would have made some smartass comment but I was to surprise as I looked at her. The Suriel I use to know had curly pixie cut hair, strong muscular body, and looked like she was filled with energy. As I looked closer at her face I realized it was her.

I quickly hugged her tightly, “Suriel, I'm sorry. I didn't recognize you. You look so. . .” I started to say as I pulled away a little, “different.”

She chuckled, “That's what being underground for a long time does. It may have made me a little crazy.” she chuckled nervously as she looked around but I heard the anxiety in her voice. Her arms were shaking a little as she brought her finger up to her mouth and chewed on them a little. She looked back at me, “Aracelia, I had a vision. Father told me to come look for you. He said you would be here and I will need to help you before they get to him. But I don't know who this him is.”

“Suriel, are you alright?” I asked. “You look a little jumpy.”

“I've been living in solitary for the last three hundred and fifty years. I haven't seen the sun in so long.” she said as she lifted her head up as she stared up at the blue sky. She looked around and jerked roughly when a car drove past, “Lots of things has changed.”

I put my arm around her, “Come with me.”

+

Once Suriel got a hot bath she was more relaxed. She was able to sit on the chair at the small table in the motel room without being jumpy. I brushed her hair back in a ponytail to get it out of her face and she sat there quickly for a couple of minutes.

“Have you ever been alone for more than a thousand years?” she suddenly asked, her voice soft and sad. “I mean—alone, alone. No contact with anyone. I've seen the sun maybe eight times I've been here. I've change different undergrounds a dozen times. I've done my job—I've done my job.” she whispered over and over again that it started freaking me out but her voice had no emotions. I faced her and put my hands on her shoulders, shaking her. Her eyes widen as she looked at me, “Sorry, I was lost in thought.

“I'm sure it was very hard, Suriel.” I said. “Did you choose this?”

She nodded, “Yes. I offered myself to come down here and protect a few of his most famous words. I did not think it would be this hard. I spent so long on my own, talking to myself. I know those scrolls by heart, I can speak them in many different languages. I know what the future is coming to. She is coming and he makes a child to try and save the world.” she said coldly as her eyes got big and giving me this crazy look. “Again he has made a new creation. He has grown tired of mortals and how they treat this world. He doing it again, Aracelia! He's doing it again! Choosing the boy over us and will probably give him this planet—“