+o3.+

I heard Dante hitting something and when I turned around, he was hitting himself. He was hitting at his head, blinking real hard. He was hitting himself pretty hard and I walked over to the bed, moving his hands away from his face. He grunted, pulling away from me, “Stop!” he cried.

“Me?” I questioned coldly. “You're the one hitting yourself. Why?”

“I need to stay awake and just sitting here watching you make phone calls isn't helping.” he said, getting up and walked over to the bathroom of the motel. He turned on the water and splashed himself with water.

I got up from the bed and walked over to him, “You need to sleep than. You said you been up for two days.”

He turned off the water and ran his hands down his face as he stood up, “Don't you understand I can't?”

“I know, you need sleep. You can't go on to much longer without it. And traveling around? You need sleep.” I said. “Look, I'll be here to help you. You have someone to help you now, Dante.”

He turned around, shaking his head, “I can't, Aracelia. He . . . he has killed people. He has no remorse. He can get inside your head and manipulate you using your fears.”

“I'm not scared of a Demon, I never had been.” I said. “They're just creatures made by former siblings of mine who lost themselves.”

“I don't want to do this—“

“But you need to.” I said. “What can I do to help you? I'll do it.”

He stared down at me, debating with himself if this was all a good idea or not. He then sighed heavily, “Alright.” he said. “At the ward, I use to have them tie me down onto the bed. We’ll need some things also.”

I nodded, “Alright.”

+

I made sure the strap around Dante wrist was tight and he tugged at it. I nodded and got off the bed, “I'll be here when you wake up.” I said to him.

He shook his head and closed his eyes, looking ashamed. I understand, being strapped to a bed post by your wrist and your legs being tied together by your ankles. I knew Dante was paranoid and maybe he was going a little crazy in reality. That was Vaclav wanted probably, for Dante to lose his mind. This was his way of torturing Dante. I sat down on the chair that was a few feet from the bed, crossing my legs over each other, and watched him. He laid there quiet and not moving. I actually thought he fallen asleep that quick.

No, I realized he fell asleep when his body loosened up and he looked relaxed. His face wasn't stiffen and he looked at peace dreaming of whatever he dreams about lately. Some strains of his chestnut brown hair fell in front of his forehead.

I watched as his fingers moved and form a tight fist and Dante—no, Vaclav breathed out frustrated as he opened his eyes and turned his head to look at me. His eyes were a an intense blue color with vertical shape pupils like a serpent since that was what he was.

“I was becoming famous there.” he said.

“Where's that?' I asked.

“The asylum.” he said. “Like a celebrity. The others were so curious to how I was able to possess this body without him actually having to die. They'll be coming after us, just to let you know. They won't stop until I'm back there.”

“They are last thing for me to worry about.” I said. “Angels are at the top of the food chain—Angel or Fallen. Doesn't matter.”

“You can't fight them all at once.” he said.