Chapter 16

"What's wrong is everything okay?" I asked the nurse. "The one...with the large nose...he's in very very bad shape" I pulled in a sharp breath and nodded.. "What's wrong?" I asked again. "He's got a bad head injury, his legs are incredibly weak, he's got multiple broken ribs... That's all we can determine now. Are you his girlfriend?" The nurse asked. "I am yes" "take good care of him..he was telling me while he was drugged up how sweet and kind you are and how you love him and how even though he let you stay alone? That you loved him anyway." She sniffled and began to cry. "He loves you so much take good care of him. He'll be back to good health I'm sure of it" I nodded and hobbled to his room. He was fast asleep in his huge bed and I climbed toward him, being cautious not to wake him. He opened his eyes and smiled when he saw me. "I didn't mean to wake you I'm very sorry" I said. "Come here, I don't care that you woke me I was trying to stay up so I could see you and hold you." He said. "I love you Ringo. More than you will ever know" his face was all bandaged up and his legs were propped up and I could tell he was in so much pain. But he smiled, and it brought tears to his eyes. "I love you so much Claire" he said and we kissed finally. Until he wrapped me in his arms and we fell asleep.