Chapter Two

I hear a loud ring to my left, I lazily start to open my eyes and turn to the opposite side to switch my alarm off, it was 8:10 AM. 'Morning', I muttered. I rub my right eye and yawn softly as I pull the covers off of myself. It felt as if I was still asleep, my eyes felt tired and I certainly knew a was not ready for this day. I stood up from the bed and walked towards the rolly chair next to my desk and checked up on my computer. I saw my story, nothing has been added after last night. I closed my laptop and make my way to the bathroom. I stare at myself in the mirror for quite a while when I finally snap out of it and start to brush my teeth then wash my face. When I put the towel down after drying my face, I walked back to my room and closed the door behind me. 6:27 read the clock. I sigh and look out the window next to my desk, it was still dark outside; not quite pitch black of darkness, but it seemed as if I shouldn't be awake yet. I turn around and pull out clothes from my drawer. A Pokemon shirt, black jeans, my white hoodie, and my black Vans. I grabbed my brush and stroked my hair calmly with no rush into it. I stare back at the clock, 8:53. I set the brush down and made my way downstairs. I see my mother in the kitchen packing her food for work and Danny's food for lunch.

"Morning.", I start to look around the kitchen for some breakfast.

"Morning Arizona. Can you wake your brother up for me?"

"But I just came from upstairs, now I have to go ALL the way back up there, knock on his door then try to pull-"

"Enough. Just go and wake him up, I need to speak to him before I go to work."

I shut up quickly and started to head upstairs. I knock on his door then walked in. "Danny, come on. Mom wants me to wake you up and start to head downstairs."

"But I'm home-schooled"

"Doesn't make any difference. Go."

"5 more minutes please"

"Hell no, I'm gonna miss the bus because of you. Mom just wants to talk to you."

"Fine. I'll be down in 5"

I walked out of the room and head downstairs. "He's coming in a little.", I picked up an apple then looked at the time on top of the stove, 9:02. "Crap. I'm leaving, gotta catch the bus!", I hurried upstairs to my room. I panicked and grabbed my bag, phone and headphones. Right before I closed the door behind me, I looked back at my desk and saw my laptop lying there. I walked back and hid it under my bed. When I popped back up it was 9:06. 'Shit.', I think to myself. I ran downstairs, heading for the door, "Bye mom. Bus -on its way. Love you!", I close the door and start running to the bus stop.

I wait for a pleasant while, sitting on the rough sidewalk when I finally see a yellow truck. I sigh, and put both of my headphones in my ears. Nirvana dug in my ears more and more as I walked on the school bus. No more empty seats are open, walking on the bus was always embarrassing; everyone on the bus just looking at you with their eyes half open eyes, yet telling you to hurry up and take a damn seat, in a way. I hurried and took a seat, but the seat I mostly regret; the back. I tried not to bang my head against the seat when I realized who I was sitting in front of; Kelly. "Dammit", I said under my breath.

Kelly pulled one headphone out of my ear, "Oh hey look here, it's Avenue. What brings you to the back of the bus? Didn't want to sit with your depressed friends up there?", she giggled.

"Fuck off Kelly..."

"I'm sorry, am I making you feel suicidal? Oh no, we don't want you to try to swallow those pills again. I honestly thought they would have worked last time.", Kelly have me a face of disgust then turned back around, I placed the headphone back in my ear and ignored everything the said.

After a while, Jackie, Kelly's friend, threw a rolled up paper at me and decided to give me the bird. I rolled my eyes and looked out the window. We were finally close to my school. I looked down at the crumbled up paper and put it in my pocket. I turned on the screen of my phone and saw that I had a new message:

New Message from: Dakota (: 

OMG ARI. I HAVE NEWWWS FOR YOUU! WHEN YOU GET TO SCHOOL, MEET ME NEXT TO MY LOCKER! OKAY. BYE. SEE YOU.

I look at my phone as my eyes open even wider when I read the message, I was scared to see what I was in for when I arrived at school. Meanwhile I looked down at my phone, shuffling my music play-list.  I turned my head to the right and realized I have arrived at school, great. I lowered my music volume and tried to squeeze in somewhere but i knew i was going to be the last one walking out of the bus. I got my backpack and walked off the bus.  New day, same old life. 

I sigh and say under my breath, 'Here we go...'