THIRTEEN

time skip

a couple of months passed. taehyung and jungkook were back to being boyfriends. these months were filled with so much happiness and love. it almost felt like the old times...

today was december thirtieth - taehyung's birthday.

jungkook sitting hopelessly on his bed staring at the floor. not only did he remeber about his birthday so late, he also didn't have a present for him. they were supposed to meet up at a park and have a sleepover at taehyung's so that tomorrow they could celebrate new year.

he wanted to give him something special but nothing seemed to fit the requirements.

maybe i'll visit some type of shop on my way... there must be at least something i can get him.

grabbing his dark purple bag with all the things needed for their sleepover, jungkook closed his house door and went straight on the main street. it was four in the afternoon and they planned to meet at the park at five.

an hour to look for something extraordinary for taehyung will never be enough. but who knows? maybe there would be some present jungkook could buy for his loved one.

traveling the busy seoul streets, he noticed an old book shop. jungkook stepped closer to the wooden trashcan next to the entrance and stood there for some time having a distinctive monologue with himself.

what did taehyung even like? they've been dating for a couple of month but tae never mentioned anything about his likes or dislikes.

looking at his phone with a dirty screen, jungkook's eyes became the size of jupiter.

how is it 4:42??

jungkook not having another option, jumped into the book shop.

he was greeted with warmth and a pleasant, sweet smell of hot chocolate and cookies. the light was dimmed slightly and hundreds of books took their places on the wooden bookshelves.

an old lady, probably in her late seventies, put down her cup and slowly stood up walking up to jungkook.

"annyeonghaseyo! what brought you here, young man? i've never seen teenagers visit my old shop." the woman said with the sincerest smile in her face. her wrinkly cheeks with a tiny tint of pink rose up to her eyes making them look like crescent moons.

jungkook suddenly felt a bit dizzy. those eyes... he closed his eyes for a moment and a picture of some young man with brown hair, smiling came through.

 he closed his eyes for a moment and a picture of some young man with brown hair, smiling came through

he quickly pushed the thought away just like mr. kang taught him to do so he wouldn't have to faint everytime a memory comes back.

"annyeonghaseyo, miss but i am nothing even close to a teenager, I am 23." jungkook answered politely with a chuckle.