Chapter Thirty: Angel in Prada

Day 19, first day of living a sweet normal life...

The last thing I recalled from yesterday was losing a fair and also unfair hand game to Jax, and being forced to watch a horror film while cuddling. Eventually drifted off to sleep during the third brutal massacre that helped me with my equally as brutal dream where I'm being chopped in half by a chainsaw and watching the whole thing in astral projection, here's the catch, Eric was my murderer- I'm not surprised there. What really made me surprised is waking up under the covers of Jax bed and opening my eyes to see a big ass dog in my face.

I popped up in shock, startling the large beast to the point of stepping back to the foot of the bed, whimpering and lowering its head until it was fully laying down. The dog could be a pure breed pitbull with bright gray eyes and beautiful light brown and white fur, still a baby- no older than two, and looked very sweet and kind. However, if it weren't for the fact I had a scary dream not too long ago and I was startled by its wet snout being in my face, I would of stole the K-9 and drove away with it so I can raise it as my buddy and even adopt more dogs along the way.

"Jason?" I managed to say after having my heart in my throat. He wasn't next to me in bed, actually his spot was cold and all the covers seemed to have been all on my side of the bed. "Jason!" This time I went to a full panic yell that made the pitbull's ear shoot up, head tilt to the side in curiosity, and I could of sworn one of the dog's brow lifted up as if I were crazy. "Jason!!"

Heavy and fast footsteps made the house shake, the door suddenly burst open- making the K-9 jump off the bed and greet the owner of this room by jumping up on his hind legs and placing its paw on the larger thighs I would love to hold myself. "What? Who's dying?" Jax looked around the room for any intruders, but he only thing intruding is the four legs adorable beast that's begging for his attention.

"Why is there a dog in the house?" I said in a calmer voice that hid my panic and curiosity. I sat up, pressed my back against the head bored while retying the rubber band around my bushy ponytail that most likely made me look like a chipmunk.

Finally taking notice of our four legged friend, Jax leans down to finally serve it attention. "It's Jackson's dog, they couldn't take him into the hotel. Dino, that's his name."

"Dino?"

"Yeah, Jennifer named him." Jax walked over to my side of the bed, bringing Dino with him by patting the empty space next to our thighs as an invitation to jump right on the bed. He petted the little thing, rewarding him for being a good dog by not biting my head off as I slept or at least pulling a good prank on me. "He's going to be staying here until Jackson leaves."

"The girls would love him here." I stayed before tempting to pet the adorable thing, but I made the mistake of making eye contact because Dino jumped right into my lap, his paws were pressing down onto my chest while he violently sniffed my face.

Jax gave off a sharp whistle, causing Dino to stop his assault and looked at his current temporary owner with his puppy dog eyes- or was it just his natural look. "Da-te jos." With a forceful and stern command, Jax made Dino jump off the bed and leave the room with his head hung low and tail in between his legs.

"What did you do that for? It was fine, I like being kissed by dogs."

"Well, why settle for that dog when you have me?" With that being said, this large man climbed on top of me and smothered me in kisses, it made me into a giggling blushing mess.

"Okay... okay... Da-te jos!" Like Dino, Jax climbed off of me and the bed. I took a deep breath from the sudden overwhelming feeling came over me this month, a bright unusual early smile was plastered on my face and I didn't mind seizing the day by storm.