Chapter 5: Left Wondering

As more and more time passed all of Bettys friends had gotten their markers and actually knew who they were. Archie's said Valerie, Kevin's said moose even Cheryl found Toni. But Betty still couldn't figure out hers. Veronica tried to help track him down and Sweet Pea did too, but no such luck. Veronica and Archie were back on speaking terms ever since he and Val got together. Jughead found it was better to associate with Bettys friends than not have any and him, Arch and Betty got really close but he spoke not a word about his marker. Betty asked him about it a few times but he wouldn't budge. She said if he would tell her his he wasnt finding out hers. More weeks passed and since pretty much everyone was coupled up Jughead and Betty got thrown together alot. Projects, sitting by each other, and of course the blue and gold meetings. Bettys feelings didnt go away but was certain Jughead saw her as just a friend.
"I say go for it."
"Veronica!?" Betty half shrieked
"What, you have a crappy marker, you don't even know who he is and he doesnt seen to have one yet so."
"No. He has one."
"How do you know?"
"He told me he has one but not who it is"
"Well it isnt like hes running after her" Veronica said and left it at that.

After school there was a blue and gold meeting. Betty wasnt really in the best of moods because she was so frustrated that she couldnt find her marker. If only Nancy Drew had taught her something useful!
"Betty. Betty. Betty. Betty. Beeeeeeeettyyyyy"
"WHAT Jughead?" Betty snapped harsher than she intended to but Jughead just brushed it off.
"Whats wrong?"
"Nothing Jug, Im just frusterated at my marker."
"Bad guy?"
"I dont know. Beacuse I cant find him"
"Want to know a secret?"
"What?"
"I cant find mine either"
"Seriously Jug?"
"Mmhmm"
"We could look for them together you know if you want to"
"Okay"
"Saturday?"
"Its a date" Betty blushed when he said that but didnt think he noticed.
"Does that nean youre gonan tell me who it is"
"Yeah i guess i have too" Betty waited for him to tell her excitedly
"But youre so nosey im gonna wait until Saturday" He said with a grin
"Seriously Jug?!?" Betty whined
"Mmhmm" Just as Jughead turned to leave Betty picked up a soft covered book. "Hey jug?"
"Yeah"
"Im not nosey" she said as she threw the book at him. Jughead swiftly dodged the book and laughed before walking out the door.